Frozen TL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, my lovely day-old TL2 has morphed into a paperweight. Completely dead. I had recharged the battery last night so it can't be dead, but I'm charging it again. If that's not it I must head back to the Leica Store.

Has anyone else had this experience? Could I be missing something?

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg

Yep, I recalled reading at least two posts, similar/same as yours, Flash in Oz, and Bachmanns in Germany.

Have a look, they were posted yesterday I recall.

Sorry to hear this, it will be something simple hopefully.

Gary

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Bachmanns got it exchanged by Leica.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Couldn't find Bachmanns' post but I have returned the camera to the Leica Store - they will follow up on Monday.

Sorry to hear that. Bachmanns got it exchanged by Leica.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Not yet but I will go to Wetzlar tomorrow. On friday they told me the TL2 was sold out at Wetzlar. I hope they will have one by tomorrow to make the exchange.

Sorry to hear that, Vikas! Hopefully not a bigger/serial problem with the TL2.

Regards, René

• Like 1

Not yet but I will go to Wetzlar tomorrow. On friday they told me the TL2 was sold out at Wetzlar. I hope they will have one by tomorrow to make the exchange.

Sorry to hear that, Vikas! Hopefully not a bigger/serial problem with the TL2.

Regards, René

Thanks for chiming in. One curious thing was that when I bought it the person at the Leica Store said she had already charged the battery for me (I had bought it a couple days on line earlier while I was traveling). But when I checked the battery it was almost empty. I wonder if the battery was defective - though I did try to charge it again.

- Vikas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the battery. I also have a T and the TL's battery works fine with the T.

I guess it's a problem with the camera electronics which causes discharging the battery within a couple of hours.

Edited by bachmanns
  • Like 1

Seem to remember reading that Gordon (FlashGordonPhotography) also had a similar problem with he's TL2.

This camera was announced less than a week, and already too many problems and returns!!!

I think I will hang on my T! I love it and very satisfied!.. :)

Dear Vikas, you should have kept your trusted T. ;)

Good luck anyway, my friend!

I know, maybe I will offer the kids my 'new-and-improved' TL2 in exchange for giving back the 'aging' T :-)

Well, my lovely day-old TL2 has morphed into a paperweight. Completely dead. I had recharged the battery last night so it can't be dead, but I'm charging it again. If that's not it I must head back to the Leica Store.

Has anyone else had this experience? Could I be missing something?

- Vikas

Hi

I just had mine experiencing same. It is dead. Completely... I will shoot an email to my local Leica Store. 

Samir

• Like 1

Hi

I just had mine experiencing same. It is dead. Completely... I will shoot an email to my local Leica Store. 

Samir

Wowww!... Sorry about that. Folks at DC leica are very helpful; I am sure they would assist you well.

I think I am going to keep my trusted T. :)

Four reported dead so I just checked my TL2  … Received it on Friday 14 July when tested with two different batteries … Not used Saturday or Sunday but inserted a fully charged battery after Friday's testing … Happy to advise all OK at 01.33 Monday 17 July i.e. new TL2 battery showing full charge after at least 50 hours storage. 

To put this apparent problem into perspective we'd need to know how many cameras have been sold since launch. Four failures out of 'X' thousand delivered / sold  … could be relatively small %. Also we do not know for sure if it might be a battery problem rather than a camera problem. Any new lithium batteries require several charge /discharge /charge cycles before they reach full capacity. I tried my camera with two old batteries and the new battery … and marked the new battery before use so I know in future it's the one supplied new with the TL2. Might also be a charger problem?   

Just searched and no 'TL2 battery drain' problems reported elsewhere. 

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Four reported dead so I just checked my TL2  … Received it on Friday 14 July when tested with two different batteries … Not used Saturday or Sunday but inserted a fully charged battery after Friday's testing … Happy to advise all OK at 01.33 Monday 17 July i.e. new TL2 battery showing full charge after at least 50 hours storage. 

To put this apparent problem into perspective we'd need to know how many cameras have been sold since launch. Four failures out of 'X' thousand delivered / sold  … could be relatively small %. Also we do not know for sure if it might be a battery problem rather than a camera problem. Any new lithium batteries require several charge /discharge /charge cycles before they reach full capacity. I tried my camera with two old batteries and the new battery … and marked the new battery before use so I know in future it's the one supplied new with the TL2. Might also be a charger problem?   

Just searched and no 'TL2 battery drain' problems reported elsewhere. 

dunk 

Actually the camera would not even charge the battery when connected to a USB port - and the battery was fully charged just an hour before the camera became unresponsive! 

Actually the camera would not even charge the battery when connected to a USB port - and the battery was fully charged just an hour before the camera became unresponsive! 

Is the camera supposed to work without a battery inserted when connected to a USB source?