using Q and what other fl for a bridal shower

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hi, I'm helping out a friend by shooting for her sister's bridal shower. Just a simple party in a hotel suite. I was thibking of using my Q for the most part but I can also bring my fuji with me, so if ever what fl would work best as my Q's partner?

* also no connection whatsoever and purely out of curiosity, according to the leica store at my country leica has stopped shipping them titanium Qs only black ones.

did the production of the titanium ones stop? or maybe the saleslady got it wrong

Thanks for expanding my knowledge of the English language! "Two nations divided by a common language".

You don't say which Fuji you have or which focal lengths. Having had an X-Pro2 and a range of primes and moved on to the Q I cannot see the benefit of, say the excellent 56mm, unless you are working in a big space and need to get close up portraits for big prints. In my view cropping the Q to 35/50mm equivalent is going to give very good results for the sort of prints you might want and certainly more than adequate for social media. Depending on light levels and the need to freeze movement the SF40 flash bounced off the ceiling (provided it is white and not bright red!) would be a useful addition.

Personally at this sort of event I would not want to feel cluttered with a second camera, especially one that operates differently.

thanks for the link but that's the TL camera, i'm asking about the titanium colored/version of the Q. But yea, maybe it's discontinued as well. thank you!

Sorry about that slip, must have been half-asleep. Or pondering any possible connection between 'bridal shower' and 'golden'…...

:) thanks guys

i didn't mention any fuji lenses because i currently have none I only have the body and was planning on getting my first lens based on what I'll need. I was choosing between the fuji 35mm f1.4 (50mm pov) or the 56mm f1.2 (84/85mm pov). But if the Q will be enough I'll probably just stick to that for the mean time.

The bride only wants small sizes of photos anyway since she's planning on making a sort of collage with them.