Voigtlander 21/1.8 + Leica M Typ 240 snap issue

happyfrost

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

Just bought CV 21/1.8 and this lens is great but it has one issue: there is no "click" when you fit lens to the bayonet. And I can deattach lens without pushing the button, just turn it counter-clockwise. It looks like "locking pin" on the body is slightly bigger than "locking hole" on the lens.

It should be said, that I have no problem with my Leica 50mm lens. It clicks and fits perfectly.

As I remember, when I tested Zeiss ZM 18/4 it also didn't "click" when attached.

I have seen some topics with same problem, but all of them was about only film Leica cameras, not digital.

So, I just want to understand what is the problem: lens, body or just partial incompatibility.

Would be very thankful for any info and help

And sorry for my english

My CV 21/1.8 locks into my M9-P and M262 with the same "click" as any other lens I own, Leica or Voigtlander.

Your English is very good.

Thank you for your fast and useful response.

I will try another CV 21/1.8 if it will click or not

My copy CV21/1.8, bought in 2014, locks identically with typical "click" into my M240 & Sony A7R (via Novoflex LEM-NEX) as all my Leica, Zeiss and other CV lenses.

Thank you for your response

Have you tried wiggling it just a little as it gets close to the notch?

Yes I tried, but it didn't help.

Just tried to turn it counter-clockwise more strongly and lens fits properly with "click"!

Finally.

I was afraid to make a big effort because my Leica lens fits with "click" easily.

I have deattached and then attached Voigtlander several times and now it fits easily with "click" every time as my Leica lens.

Thanks for help!

• Like 2