Polarizer filters for Leica primary lenses.

Guest sailfish

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi and thanks for the answers, 

obviously i was referring to the polarising effect of the sunglasses and not the darkening (colour) change.  I have ordered an old A42 polariser and see how it works. 

I only shoot film and do not do any post processing, so i hope that the filter improves the sky/clouds without having to spend some time in post processing...  

• 5 months later...

When using a B+W F-Pro 39 mm on my 35 cron the shade/hood doesn't fit !  the slim versions are all back ordered with 4 weeks delivery ..... does the lens shade play a significant role in shading the 35 cron ? 

Hi

I had a similar question about using a polarising filter on the M10 and Q (thoughi assume the Q is different).

I have a circular polariser. If I understand this thread correctly, I screw it on in the normal way and use LiveView to see the effect as I rotate the filter. Is that correct?

On the Q I guess I do the same, though there I may see the effect through the viewfinder?

Thanks.

Yes - you use it the same way on both cameras.

If it does not seem to be working, keep in mind that you will get the most obvious polarisation effect in a clear sky about 90 degrees away from the sun. With the Q, it may be difficult to get an even effect over all the sky because of the sensitivity to the angle from the sun.