Leica M10 Firmware Update-Update 1.9.4.0

LUF Admin

Is your M10 a very early modell in production so that it might be affected by that ISO-wheel problem?

it is one of the first. Did not heard this:( shame on Leica. Will go and search it. Strange that tis happened just after firmware update. But maybe that is just coincidence

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my M10, it came with 1.9.4.0. When reviewing my pictures with the info headers and footers displayed, it is indicated that each picture was taken with center-weighted metering, regardless of whether I used spot, center-weighted, or multi-field metering methods. I've used spot metering for most of my exposures (80%), but, again, they're all indicated to have been shot center-weighted in the review. Messing around with it, it seems to be that each exposure was made in he correct metering mode as chosen, it's just the info in the review that's wrong.

Not a big deal, but just curious; has anyone else experienced this, or is it just mine?

- David

• 3 weeks later...

The latest firmware has not made SD card usage completely hassle free.  If I take an SD card out to view images on my MacBook Pro and then return the card to the camera, with no deletions or alterations to the files, I can no longer see images - just the .DNG file name.  Of course I can work around this, but it happens on no other brand of camera that I use...

The latest firmware has not made SD card usage completely hassle free.  If I take an SD card out to view images on my MacBook Pro and then return the card to the camera, with no deletions or alterations to the files, I can no longer see images - just the .DNG file name.  Of course I can work around this, but it happens on no other brand of camera that I use...

Do you turn off the camera before removing the card from the camera, and do you unmount the card before removing it from the computer? Unless you do that, you can't know the card has not been written to.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea to both questions, I'm meticulous about such matters. On reflection, it may be a Mac issue, as it seems very prone to writing random files to any media that is inserted, particularly dot underscore files.

The dot underscore files are hidden files (on a Mac), similar to the "thumbs.db" files created by Windows. They are basically system files and have been present since forever on Mac systems.

I highly doubt they are a concern 11 years after the release of the first digital Leica.

Do you turn off the camera before removing the card from the camera, and do you unmount the card before removing it from the computer? Unless you do that, you can't know the card has not been written to.

And lock it...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...