BERGGER PANCRO 400

sblitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Rummaging through old threads, this "new" film was mentioned in early 2015. Got an email today from Freestyle in LA (place where I order the Cinestill film, competitive prices vs B&H and Adorama, as it should be since it is LA the other big media city in the US), about this Bergger Pancro 400 -- has anyone used it? Thoughts?

I have some in 120 and 135. I've only managed to shoot one roll of 135, which I developed in Xtol 1+1.

Very long and smooth tonal range, not particularly fine grained. Seems to give an almost "silvery" look to the images.

The size limitation will wreak havoc on the resolution, but the overall feel of the film is clear:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I've been using mostly Kentmere 400 and XX. I really like the Kentmere - it's got a classic look and very nice grain. XX is nice too.

I am going to explore the Bergger Pancro a little more for sure. I'm planning on a hike in the mountains and that film in my SWC might be a fun combo. And an orange filter.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Shoot at 200 with B+W 022 filter.  Lovely images, not sterile like modern films.   Cut you development time 20% for 200 from 400.

Do not mix iso on roll as it is not as forgiving as they would have you believe.

If you scan,  add a contrast increase curve 200 or 400.