Exposure Clipping won't turn off on M10

Howsol

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am unable to turn off the exposure clipping on my M10. No combination of depressing the select button after changing the setting to off; or changing the setting to off and then hitting the menu button. I can't seem to be able to turn this off. What I am changing is "Clipping Enabled". I am using firmware 1.3.4.0.

Anyone duplicate this or am I doing something stupid?

Thanks

I am unable to turn off the exposure clipping on my M10. No combination of depressing the select button after changing the setting to off; or changing the setting to off and then hitting the menu button. I can't seem to be able to turn this off. What I am changing is "Clipping Enabled". I am using firmware 1.3.4.0.

Anyone duplicate this or am I doing something stupid?

Thanks

Stupid... like me  :rolleyes:  

Just change to 'off', then click (cursor goes down), click again and then again... and you're done  :D 

No new firmware needed...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well I'm now on the M10's latest firmware, 1.9.4.0 and I too cannot get the clipping feature to turn off now in PLAY. Tried all the above, but it still switches back to "ON" seemingly automatically. Any clues how to fix this please?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I mean clipping.......focus peaking is fine and I want to keep that on,

Even when I select "OFF" for clipping it never turns off.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong with the menu selections/settings/operation, but I can't figure out what......

I think you do something wrong. Here how I do it (and it works):

- Press 3 times the menu button

- You see on this side a menu position "Capture Assistant"

- With the button on the right side of the screen you go up or down to that "capture assistant" and you press the middle button

- A new menu pops up: Press arrows up or down until you reach "exposure clipping". Press the middle button to open

- On the top on the screen you see "Clipping enabled" is "On"

- Press the arrow to the right or left to switch to "Off"

- Then press the middle button so many times until the menu jumps back to the previous page (this happens after pressing 3 times)

- Now you see "Exposure Clipping" is "Off"

Same way you turn the Clipping "On" again

Edited by Alex U.
  • Like 3

Thank you Alex for the very clear instructions…….it's a weird way of getting there that Leica designed for that part of the menu, but your directions worked!

I appreciate the help.

Peter

• 5 months later...

If I choose to leave clipping on, what are the recommended ranges? I've messed up the factory settings. What are the defaults? Thanks in advance.

To see what are default values, you could "reset".

Before doing that reset, if you want to reuse your present profile, copy it to your SD card.

• 1 month later...

Stupid... like me  :rolleyes:  

Just change to 'off', then click (cursor goes down), click again and then again... and you're done  :D

No new firmware needed...

New to Leica cameras and was searching for the same. Your simple recipe did the trick for me too. Thank you.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...