Epson Scanners

mikemgb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How are the slides illuminated on this device? I have found a complete BEOON for sale. I would use this with either my Elmar 65 or I also have a Companon S. I have a Visoflex III but with the M240 and live view, I would probably use a 41mm Visoflex replacement extension tube I had made instead.

Wilson

I sit all on a light table panel which is daylight accurate. I also use a Fuji XT-1 or a Canon 5D2 as each has live view which makes composing and focusing so much easier. I'm not sure of my facts here but I don't think the M240 enables live view as indeed when I connect mine all I get is "no lens attached" and hence no view. Maybe I'm missing something? Edited by Reeray
  • Like 1

I sit all on a light table panel which is daylight accurate. I also use a Fuji XT-1 or a Canon 5D2 as each has live view which makes composing and focusing so much easier. I'm not sure of my facts here but I don't think the M240 enables live view as indeed when I connect mine all I get is "no lens attached" and hence no view. Maybe I'm missing something?

You need to fiddle around with bits of sticky white paper where the LED 6 bit sensors are to get round the "no lens mounted" problem. I could also use my Novoflex LTM/LTM bellows and a Rayqual coded LTM/M adapter in place of the extension tubes. I have various adapters for the front of the Novoflex for flush mounted Elmar 65, an inverted top hat for recessed Elmar 65 mount and an M lens adapter. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Well done, I'm sure you'll love it.

May I say (and maybe you already know) that it's advised that you should focus via the Beoon and not the lens. I open up the lens, focus set at infinity, establish focus from the Beoon column and stop down to f8. Lock the column and that's good to go.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What lens do you use with the Fuji?

thanks

Schneider Componon S 50mm f2.8. Being an enlarger lens with its flat field attribute I find it more suitable than a regular lens. I tested it against my 50mm Summicron DR and Summilux Asph and it's definitely sharper in the corners. Apparently the Leica Focotar 11 is THE lens to use but somewhat difficult to find and pretty costly at that.

Here's a link to a few on my Flickr site

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118415917@N06/albums/72157683377993664

Edited by Reeray
  • Like 2

I will probably be using the same Companon S50 lens or the Elmar 65. The Elmar 65 Mk.1 is not bad although not as good as the Mk.2 I had stolen while working in a museum doing archival work. The Mk.2 has higher resolution and a flatter field. The other lens I expect to find good is the 75mm/f2.5 Summarit. Its very flat rendition becomes an advantage when doing copying work. For my other bellows, a Contax one, I have the 50mm f1,7 Planar which has extremely high resolution. It seems to work particularly well with the SL but it may all get too long for the vertical shaft of the BEOON. 

Well done, I'm sure you'll love it.

May I say (and maybe you already know) that it's advised that you should focus via the Beoon and not the lens. I open up the lens, focus set at infinity, establish focus from the Beoon column and stop down to f8. Lock the column and that's good to go.

Hope this helps.

If I end up using my Novoflex bellows, in addition to the coarse focus by sliding up and down the guide bars, you can then lock that off and you have incredibly fine micrometer focus with a 1mm pitch thread, so one whole turn of the micrometer knob only moves the lens by 1mm. Of course with the Companon, there is no alternative as it has no lens focus. I do need to get a better and bigger new light box, as mine has rather stripey lighting and is only A5 size. 

Wilson