Anyone here using the Leica S24mm SEM

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone on here using the 24mm SEM................how is it at managing Perspex. I have the 30mm which is fantastic but I really would like something a little wider. I saw one on eBay for around 6k but I would definatly want to trade in my 30mm for a new one or like new one.

Comments and especially pictures taken with the 24mm SEM would be appreciated

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Just look through the list, nobody has anything bad to say about it AFAIK. 24mm to 70mm is quite a jump, 45mm would be my choice to fill the gap....

john

Which list??

I will be replacing my 30mm with it, I don't want more than 3 lenses so it would be 24, 70 and 120 that I would have.

Neil

Most of my posted images are with the 24. It is magnificent. I like the 24-70-120 kit. The 45 FoV just never did much for me. I like the 35, but just don't use it since I got the 24.

One of my favorites:

31284945501_1f4c264091_b.jpg

Matt

Edited by mgrayson3
  • Like 8

I have not used the 30mm much since I got the 24mm. I have 24mm, 30mm, 70mm and 180mm. I travel with all four lenses, plus M-P 240 with four lenses. I understand your desire to limit to three lenses. Even if it is a big jump 24 to 70, I think it is a good plan.

Next week I go to Iceland for two weeks. I will bring two S 006 cameras, the four S lenses and M-P 240 with 50mm only. This will be a one-time shoot with two S cameras. It is a back-up solution.

Jesse

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I have not used the 30mm much since I got the 24mm. I have 24mm, 30mm, 70mm and 180mm. I travel with all four lenses, plus M-P 240 with four lenses. I understand your desire to limit to three lenses. Even if it is a big jump 24 to 70, I think it is a good plan.

Next week I go to Iceland for two weeks. I will bring two S 006 cameras, the four S lenses and M-P 240 with 50mm only. This will be a one-time shoot with two S cameras. It is a back-up solution.

Jesse

Cant wait to see your pictures :)

Safe travels mate

Neil

My favourite, drama queen for landscapes and cityscapes, very sharp, fun to play with DOF for a 24 (19) mm !!

I agree the 24mm is drama.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I looked at options for trading in my S30mm cs for a 24mm lens but its worse than rape, so decided to stick with what I already have and if I need to go wider than 30 then I can stitch.................

30mm is still a nice lens though

Edited by NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
  • Like 1

Neil, it's my most used lens of my 24/35/70 S-trio, supported by Hasselblad V 50/80/110/180 & 1.4x converter.

I have a strong preference for making square images and the 24mm is particularly useful for this as the angle of view on the short edge is crucial.

I've many 24mm based images on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rolophoto/albums

Gary

• Like 1

I have 9 Leica S lenses, but the combo that I use in travelling is Vario-Elmar-S 1:3.5-5.6/30-90 ASPH, Super-Elmar-S 1:3.5/24 ASPH and Apo-Elmar-S 1:3.5/180 .............

Attached is an image taken with Super-Elmar-S 1:3.5/24 ASPH

Edited by amoebahydra

Yeah Neil, thats life in the Leica S system purchase for 10K sell for 1K... maybe some day this will be fixed if Leica finally gives more attention to the S system. 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Yeah Neil, thats life in the Leica S system purchase for 10K sell for 1K... maybe some day this will be fixed if Leica finally gives more attention to the S system.

I guess at the end of the day if you enjoy using the system then the money side doesn't matter. I really enjoy using mine and I'm currently bidding on a S180mm. Hopefully I'll get it for less than USD$2k
  • Like 2