“By Train to Top of the World - Tibet”

yst

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings from Canada again!    

You are invited to my newly completed photo-diary of the recent expedition of  “2017 By Train to Top of the World - Tibet” ... some snapshots with a Leica D-Lux5... :)

http://photoart.chebucto.org/photos-folder/2017_by_Train_to_Top-of-the-World_PhotoDiary.pdf  

Best luck 

• Like 5

Excellent pictures and write up. BTW - happy 150.

I really like the quote you had on Picasso: "I would like to manage to prevent people from ever seeing how a picture of mine has been done. What can it possibly matter? What I want is that the only thing emanating from my pictures should be emotion. - Pablo Picasso" ;   

that's what I feel - the "emotion" to be projected, and that's enough...  :)

Edited by yst

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm up to page 82, still loving this story!

Enjoy...  looks like you are still within the Tibet portion of the images...   All the regions are fascinating, but That Tibet area has a special appeal to me...  after more than 10-times visited Tibet Autonomous Region, there is still inspirations received each after each visit... 

I like your quote of ""Your life is a story, make it a good one"

You are also welcome to partake our upcoming "Train through the WonderLands" - a Cultural/Photographic Expedition by high-speed-train to Southwest China...: http://photoart.chebucto.org/2017-november.html  ...  :)

Edited by yst
  • Like 1

Enjoy...  looks like you are still within the Tibet portion of the images...   All the regions are fascinating, but That Tibet area has a special appear to me...  after more than 10-times visited Tibet Autonomous Region, there is still inspirations received each after each visit... 

I like your quote of ""Your life is a story, make it a good one"

You are also welcome to partake our upcoming "Train through the WonderLands" - a Cultural/Photographic Expedition by high-speed-train to Southwest China...: http://photoart.chebucto.org/2017-november.html  ...  :)

That would be wonderful, but we are already booked to be in Paris during part of that time, however, let me know where I can find out about future journeys.

That would be wonderful, but we are already booked to be in Paris during part of that time, however, let me know where I can find out about future journeys.

Good evening again... you may please send me an email to my taiji@chebucto.ca ...  

I really like the quote you had on Picasso: "I would like to manage to prevent people from ever seeing how a picture of mine has been done. What can it possibly matter? What I want is that the only thing emanating from my pictures should be emotion. - Pablo Picasso" ;   

that's what I feel - the "emotion" to be projected, and that's enough...  :)

Many thanks. I am not against things technical, but technical stuff and the craft of photography are tools to be mastered in the service of making pictures that draw in the viewer. I do my best and spend time and a little money to master the craft, and I am happy to discuss these things, I present pictures to be viewed and (hopefully) to engaged with – whether I used a Summaron, Summicron, or Summilux doesn’t matter. If my pictures rise or fall on which lens I used, I’m in trouble.

Apropos of craft, I am a loud promoter of learning to print. Printing has classically meant on silver gelatin paper, but preparing a picture for presentation on a screen is also important and falls, IMO, under the term printing. The first job is to look at good prints, and to get a solid understanding of what a good print looks like. In this regard, it is useful to go to exhibits and look closely at what is on display. After learning where to point the camera, learning to print is the most important skill to develop – whether for silver paper and the wall, or for the computer screen. A good print is the best way to evoke that emotion that Picasso speaks of. In fact, I think the final success of a picture depends greatly on how well it is printed.
Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 1

Excellent!  For future posts of this sort I strongly urge you to place at least one or two images directly on the forum along with the link to lure more of us into clicking through to see the entire piece.

• Like 2