Leica X-U: strap and sleeve

MacSpikes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last week I bought a nice (ex-demo) X-U from a dealer. It comes with a rather short black neoprene strap and I was wondering how to use this. Are you supposed to fix both end of the strap to one side of the camera so that it works as a wrist strap?

Leica also sells a red floating strap. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this a strap that comes recommended?

And last but not least I saw a blue Leica X-U branded neoprene sleeve shown on some pages. Is this an accessory that is still available?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations for your new toy

It will give you good results under many circumstances and it's more portable than it looks

The camera comes with a long black neoprene neck strap and the blue neoprene protective sleeve.

The short/wrist neoprene strap is an extra as well as the orange floating strap.

That said, I am not sure if the first two are sold as extras as well

Check with your local Leica dealer or on ebay...

• 2 months later...

I have the original orange (not red) floating neck strap for the X-U, and it is quite OK as it prevents the camera from sinking if you should happen to drop it. The strap is too big and stiff for normal use, but I would not go out snorkling without having the camera secured in one or another way. This is one method to use.

The grey strap that comes with the camera is for the neck.

Best wishes

Klaus