M10 Protector - not a good fit?

SARobinson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I called in at Leica Mayfair on Saturday as I want to get a half case for my M10. The chap took the case out of the cabinet and proceeded to fit it to my camera - it took him about 4 minutes to get the camera secured in the case correctly ( and another minute to remove it).

Surely this can't be right? Every time I have to change the battery it could take up to 5 minutes to remove and fit the case! Also the flap that protects the screen is supposed to be held closed by magnets - no, it just sat at an angle of about 20 degrees to the screen and wouldn't snap shut.

I have to say that this is the second time that I have had this same experience with the M10 Protector - I tried one at Leica Manchester with the same results.

I really like the look of the Leica case but it doesn't seem to fit my camera!

• Like 1

You probably never had a T with a T snap? Now THAT was a mess and took half a day to switch batteries. You had to remove the strap AND the lens before being able to remove the protective T snap case to access the battery compartment.

Arte di Mano half case with battery and SD card compartment access door is the answer for the M10. A little pricy but works like a charm.

My Leica half case is a snug fit but easy to put on and take off. The magnetic flap works perfectly. It sounds to me as if these sales people might have been trying to fit the case on the camera with both the flap and the extra leather placeholder in position. You're only supposed to use one or the other, not both at the same time.

• Like 1

My Leica half case is a snug fit but easy to put on and take off. The magnetic flap works perfectly. It sounds to me as if these sales people might have been trying to fit the case on the camera with both the flap and the extra leather placeholder in position. You're only supposed to use one or the other, not both at the same time.

No - both times it was with the screen cover OR the spacer but not both. Just out of interest - do you have a silver M10 or a black one? What colour case do you have?

My black leica half case fits perfectly, the previous Luigi case was a disaster, terribly made, wonky and deformed.

Hi!

I have the same idea. Luigi case dose not fit, but Leica case/ protector is well fit with M10.

I feel more confident to hold the M10 with Leica Protector to shoot!

Cheer!

Thanks

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Arte di Mano case here, fits great and looks great. 

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 3

Mine is black on black. Fits perfectly as I said in another thread. Goes on and off quickly and securely (with a little practice) using any small coin to loosen/tighten the flush aluminum bolt to the tripod socket. Camera shop folks may be learning on the job ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MIne works great.  No problem getting it on or off.  The screw at the bottom is a bit annoying at times, but overall, I like the case very much.. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by tbonanno

Just got a Leica brand half case for the m10 and it fits great. Im not using the screen protector part but the other part is very well constructed and comparable to any other case. For under $200 it's a steal considering a lot of half cases are 4 or 5 hundred a piece for nearly same design except ears to protect top plate. Leica really made a great accessory for once!

• Like 2

Thanking Eric-1 for reassuring me about no problem of warmth I have bought the Leica half case today.

But if I do not use the screen cover I do not understand why the extra spacer strip is recommended. The single half case should be right and not spoil the bottom of the camera. Why in your opinion should it be used ?