Leica S-Adapter H compatibility

Udo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there, I need your help please!

I am thinking of getting into the S system and to use Hasselblad H lenses on the S via the 'S-Adapter'. Reading the adapters' compatibility chart it mentions the HC 120 Macro Mk II and the HC 3.2 150 as compatible with this adapter. Having the HC 120 Macro (older MK I) and the HC 3.2 150N (newer) I wonder if those lenses will be working on the S. 

Does anyone of you have used these combos and can share any experience? 

Thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards, Udo

Yes. It usually works.

There are doubts that the most recent , 2016-17, HC lenses with the new 1/2000 shutter and orange dot can be used on the S. I haven't seen any user reviews on the new lenses on the S, only speculations.

Edited by ynp

• 1 year later...

I have a non-orange dot 24mm lens (with the older 1/800 max shutter) made in 2015 that does not work with the S-H Adapter. The 24mm lens has been updated to the 19.0.3 firmware for AF compatibility with the X1D. Unfortunately I did not get to test the 24mm lens on my S007 before the firmware upgrade.  I have several other H lenses non-orange dot (35-90 and 150 ) with the 19.0.3 that work well on both the S007 and X1D so the issue is not associated with the updated firmware. 

In addition I have found that the S-H Adapter does not support AF when using Live View on the S007with  AF support seems to be limited to the Optical Viewfinder. I would appreciate feedback from others.

All my HC lenses work on my S007 body via the S to H adapter............My lenses are the HC50 II HC 100 HC150n and HC300. There is a place on eBay that sells that adapter for 200 plus bucks so dont pay the 700 bucks that Leica ask for it

Neil

Sorry my bad its not 700 its https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/860540-REG/Leica_016_030_S_Adapter_H_For_Hasselblad.html mental

My Bad again they are $425 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-S-Adapter-H-16030-Hasselblad-H-Lens-Leica-S-S2-S2P-Low-Low-Pricing/352316182153?hash=item5207ae4e89:g:Ch0AAOSwVxdbfuOG:rk:4:pf:0

Edited by Guest

The E-bay deal is very good.I p;purchased mine a ,month ago and it arrived quickly and was new in the box. It works with all of H Lenses except the 24mm lens. I fnd that the AF operation on my S007 is limited to the optical viewfinder mode - it does snot eem to work in the Live View Mode. Please confirm if this also your experience.