Using Hasselblad 1.7X extender

glenerrolrd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After several attempts the HB 300/4 H lens is now working well with the Leica S H adapter .  Now I need even more reach !  All documents from Leica show that the 1.7X extender will not support AF communication with the S H adapter .  However it would seem that the extender used manual focus mode could be a lightweight low cost alternative to a 500MM lens . 

Looking for any experience before I pull the trigger and buy a 1.7X HB extender .  

• Like 1

By not working I assume this means no ability to stop down the aperture .  A dumb adapter would allow for manual focus ....so could you focus at f5.6 and then stop down for the capture ..or is it not possible to stop down at all .  

By not working I assume this means no ability to stop down the aperture . A dumb adapter would allow for manual focus . .

Correct. The aperture could not be controlled by the camera through the adapter and extender.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The lack of aperture control is the same problem that I experienced with my non-orange dot 24mm lens . The adapter could not change the aperture from wide-open  nor could it access the leaf shutter but AF was supported. Great set-up if you don't mind shooting wide open all day!!

• Like 1

I have that 1.7 TC and used it on the H6D body with the HC300mm lens but in manual only, and trying to nail focus with it in manual mode is next to impossible.........I never did try it on my S007 but will do when I am back in KL in January and I will get back to you 

Neil

Edited by Guest

Just because one CAN put a long lens on a camera doesn't mean it's a good idea. When Big Bertha was made, there were no alternatives. Now there are.

(Disclaimer: Use whatever you like for whatever you want. I just wanted an excuse to post this picture of Geoffrey Berliner with one of his many hundred interesting cameras. This one was used at Yankees games in the early 1900's.)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by mgrayson3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1