My Dad -- 95Yrs Young

sblitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sunday was his 95th birthday, sharp as a tack, talkative as ever, captured in his apartment in Florida with the Leica Q. For those who are interested, his cap is for his unit in the army -- 35th Division, 320th infantry, H company, fought in Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge. Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Legion d'honor from France. Deserves a medal alone for raising me and my sister. My mom (his wife/partner of 70yrs) passed away at the end of April. Still upbeat and looking forward in life. BTW, he was the one who got me in interested in photography, still has his Leica iiif along with a dozen other cameras, film and digital.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

Nice photo. Those eyes have seen much history. I was a photographer on a Staff Ride a few years back. It wan an anniversary for the 29th in Normandy. Our 29th Veteran was in the first wave hitting Omaha Beach. At one point we went up to Pointe du Hoc for the overview. The entire group was quite and our Veteran said as he looked down on the beach "If you could have seen what I saw that day"

I was thinking to myself after he said that ---- no I don't think I could have taken it.

His whole war was only about half a day - he's not really sure. He was badly injured just a short time after the first few made it off the beach.

• Like 1