L- Bracket for the Leica M240

The RRS is certainly worth considering. Not cheap, but it replaces the entire baseplate which makes it a very nice integrated design that as Jeff S mentioned just screws right on. The other advantage is that you can add a grip. Certainly not cheap, but a Leica grip alone will set you back a more money, where the RRS does double duty. Extremely well made as well.  Have one for my 240, I just ordered my second one for the M10. 

Edited by Tailwagger

The RRS is certainly worth considering. Not cheap, but it replaces the entire baseplate which makes it a very nice integrated design that as Jeff S mentioned just screws right on. The other advantage is that you can add a grip. Certainly not cheap, but a Leica grip alone will set you back a more money, where the RRS does double duty. Extremely well made as well.  Have one for my 240, I just ordered my second one for the M10. 

Another vote for RRS.  I use their base plate on my 240 and couldn't be happier with it.  If I ever feel the need for an L plate I can add the extra wing.