7artisans 50mm F1.1 Leica M Mount

AntonioF

• 1 month later...

Really ? Strange...The 7artisans contact person sms'ed me this from Mainland China today, and told me where to pick up in Hong Kong at their main distributor >>

There is no f1.0 and will never be ...

Take the f1.1 instead ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frame-it

• 4 weeks later...

Do any 50mm F/1.1 owners have any issues with the lens code?  I noticed they use a highly-reflective paint and I think it's causing problems with the lens coding.  Others say it comes up fine as a 50mm F/1 but my M240P just shows "uncoded" ...

I've sent an email to 7artisans support and they asked for pictures.  I sent them a few photos so just waiting to hear back.

I'm running the latest 2.0.5 firmware so don't know why it's not working.  I'm setting it manually of course but I hate doing that.  I always forget to set it back to Auto when switching lenses!  ;)

Mine is fine on several digital bodies. Could be some slight misalignment between the mount and the 6-bit sensor on the body. The M240 and M10 are very discriminating when it comes to reading 6-bit codes. Try turning the lens a tiny bit past the click lock. It works sometimes, but is not ideal. I'd just request a replacement.

Could be some slight misalignment between the mount and the 6-bit sensor on the body. The M240 and M10 are very discriminating when it comes to reading 6-bit codes. Try turning the lens a tiny bit past the click lock. It works sometimes, but is not ideal. I'd just request a replacement.

Yes my M240P is a little sensitive even with my 'Lux 50mm ASPH for some reason.  If it's not just right (despite feeling secure on the bayonet) it doesn't read the code.  Most of the time it works fine.  Also, I noticed that swapping lenses out when the camera is in Standby mode can be tricky too.

The 7Artisans 50mm F/1.1 feels very securely attached to my bayonet and I've tried playing with it in multiple ways to get it to work. 

Ultimately I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the lens so it may get returned anyway.  :)

Edited by cnick6

• 3 weeks later...

M8.2 and 7A1.1

50mm, ISO160, f4.8, 1/2000sec

Codes as a 50Noct in metadata

No issues with the lens but sold it to finance 50Cron

• Like 7

I bought the lens and didn't expect much, but given its price it is marvelous. Not sure how long it will last, though and whether I'll have any issues with it in the future. 
As pointed out on another forum, it looks its optimal settings are when you set it half way between f/1.1 and f/1.4.
This was ISO800 on M240 post processed with few clicks. Not a pixel peeper lens, but as I own Leica's 24, 35, 75 and 135mm lenses, and wondered for five years what would it be like to own a 50mm lens this was a no brainier to me.

Edited by mirekti
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just received my second one. I sold the original at a bit of a profit during the initial run when the stock was low. I liked it but sold it along as I was using it on my Fuji gear and I already had a very fast lens (Canon 55mm FD ASPH 1.2 with Speedbooster) so it was sort of redundant.

I've now been lucky to put together a nice M240 kit and I wanted a fast lens for it and 50mm isn't really a go-to focal length for me. Funny enough, I have the 50mm 2.5 Summarit (that lens seems to be in short supply on the secondary market as an aside) but that's more of a too good to pass up deal on it and the appeal of a small traveling 50mm seemed worthwhile.

This lens is pretty good for the price and performance ratio. I need to shoot some more with it, but so far so good.

• 5 weeks later...