7artisans 50mm F1.1 Leica M Mount

AntonioF

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, pico said:

I would appreciate it if people would refrain from posting pictures made with neither a Leica lens nor Leica camera.

It’s useful for Leica shooters considering this lens if they can see examples, regardless of which body it’s mounted to.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DezFoto said:

It’s useful for Leica shooters considering this lens if they can see examples, regardless of which body it’s mounted to.

I respect your opinion. We disagree upon a pivotal issue. We are a Leica oriented forum. It makes sense to compare lenses upon Leica cameras.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, pico said:

I respect your opinion. We disagree upon a pivotal issue. We are a Leica oriented forum. It makes sense to compare lenses upon Leica cameras.

This is a thread about a non-Leica M mount lens, I think all posts about that lens are relevant to the thread. There are also several non-Leica sections of this forum, so apparently the creators of the forum do not have your strict interpretation of what this forum is for. We are all lovers of photographer here and fortunately no one person’s interpretation holds dominion. If this post is so inconvenient to you, then there are several other threads that available that would suit your sensibilities better and you are welcome to enjoys those instead.

5 hours ago, pico said:

I would appreciate it if people would refrain from posting pictures made with neither a Leica lens nor Leica camera.

What a totally bizarre comment. The lens is available in a Leica mount version so it is totally relevant and even if it wasn't, showcasing other lenses in other mounts and being able to compare them to a Leica lens still makes the post completely acceptable. Honestly this forum is very hospitable compared to others. Let's keep it that way.

Edited by howiebrou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Take it easy guys. Please don’t be offended. This is from the rules section for the forum. It just keeps things “Leica” so as not to get carried away and post droves of images:

Prerequisite for placing a photo is that it has been made with Leica equipment and/or has a strong relationship to a Leica subject. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the use of Leica lenses on third party bodies, Leica lenses on Leica partnercameras (e.g. Panasonic) and the use of third party lenses on Leica bodies. In general, photographs taken without the use of Leica equipment are not permitted.

Edited by jdlaing
  • Thanks 2

Sure but the new forum makes things more complex in that posting a link to a photograph is now more difficult w/o displaying the photo itself.
For example, if i want to post the link <<https://tinyurl.com/ybsms7fc>> i get this directly and the button "Display as a link instead" is not always visible.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb jdlaing:

Take it easy guys. Please don’t be offended. This is from the rules section for the forum. It just keeps things “Leica” so as not to get carried away and post droves of images:

Prerequisite for placing a photo is that it has been made with Leica equipment and/or has a strong relationship to a Leica subject. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the use of Leica lenses on third party bodies, Leica lenses on Leica partnercameras (e.g. Panasonic) and the use of third party lenses on Leica bodies. In general, photographs taken without the use of Leica equipment are not permitted.

I would prefer to keep it open-minded, this suits Leica more than being nit-picky. The 7A lens has a Leica mount, so any pictures that show its potential are welcome – at least for me: It fits the intent of "has a strong relationship to a Leica subject".

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, caugustin said:

I would prefer to keep it open-minded, this suits Leica more than being nit-picky. The 7A lens has a Leica mount, so any pictures that show its potential are welcome – at least for me: It fits the intent of "has a strong relationship to a Leica subject".

+100

19 hours ago, pico said:

The 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 is Leica mount only, so the pictures were made with a Leica lens. 

Moreover I think the samples are very useful even though they are shot on a different body.

• Like 2

Ennh - it is an appropriate guideline in the photo forums (although even there, there are officially-sanctioned exceptions such as the "I love film" thread).

Over here on the "tech/gear" side, there has always been more elbow-room for non-Leica images, for comparisons (Sony vs. M10 noise or DR, Canon EOS 35 f/1.4 vs Leica ASPH 35 f/1.4 performance) or in the film/darkroom Forums (fortunately, since I can only post 6x6 film images these days).

I well remember when the Japanese optics industry got going after WWII and everyone in the U.S. referred their newer products as Japanese junk.  I wish I would have purchased more of said junk; I still have my Japanese brand X 10X50 binoculars which are quite good although not quite as contrasty and clear as my Zeiss 7 X 50s. But, I should note, they have never required repair despite going all over the world. Without brand recognition established, the difficulty lies in identifying the emerging quality product from the junk product w/o having to buy in order too make the decision. New, I think I paid $17.00 for the 1961 Japanese binocs. Regards, Ron

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, jdlaing said:

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, pico said:

I agree. Otherwise this will become a general forum and there are plenty of those

7artisans lenses are not made by Leica, regardless of their mount if we are discussing them we should discuss their performance on a Leica camera

I don't care a hoot about their performance on Sony A7 in this forum. I do care about my Samyang lenses on my Sony but that's a different subject for a different forum ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonel said:

I agree. Otherwise this will become a general forum and there are plenty of those

7artisans lenses are not made by Leica, regardless of their mount if we are discussing them we should discuss their performance on a Leica camera

I don't care a hoot about their performance on Sony A7 in this forum. I do care about my Samyang lenses on my Sony but that's a different subject for a different forum ...

Do you guys seriously think that Leica owners gain nothing from seeing photos from a Leica Mount Lens on a third party Body? I guess that means other L-Mount lenses in the future from Sigma and Panasonic should also be kept off this forum too or does a licensed Leica L-Mount on a camera body suddenly become relevant!

You guys are very funny.  God bless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howiebrou said:

Do you guys seriously think that Leica owners gain nothing from seeing photos from a Leica Mount Lens on a third party Body? I guess that means other L-Mount lenses in the future from Sigma and Panasonic should also be kept off this forum too or does a licensed Leica L-Mount on a camera body suddenly become relevant!

As long as the LUF rules are not modified or officially interpreted, displayed pics are supposed to be taken with some Leica or Leica partner equipment and/or have a strong relationship to a Leica subject. This could be the case in comparos between a 7a or Sigma lens on the Leica SL vs the same lens on a Sony or Sigma body for instance. But the Sony pics above have no relationship to a Leica subject if i'm not mistaken. Ugly Sony & 7a user speaking 😉.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, howiebrou said:

You guys are very funny.  God bless.

Actually I do think that Leica owners gain nothing from seeing M mount lens photos on a non-Leica M body

It proves nothing as the sensor design is entirely different

Even Leica's own lenses on a non-Leica CSC body provide dubious info., although as they are Leica made, which is within the forum, and folk do use them on CSCs, the info might be useful to someone here

Edited by colonel