Let's start venerating the 35Cron V2

NB23

No idea.

I just think it's the most Bad Ass lens with that aperture tab. Makes me feel like I'm Koudelka, in a Gypsy Favella.

I use it here and there. Can't tell its character yet but when I see other people's images with t, it reminds me of a Chopin composition. Rich texture yet watercolor colors.

Here's a print from mine, wide open.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

I bought mine in 1969 and used it for 40 years (on film). I loved the small size, but with the hood in place the aperture tab isn't easy to handle. On film I used mainly 50 & 90, but with M9 the 35 became my main lens. I switched to a Zeiss f2 as it was better in low light, then to a Summarit 2.5 to go back to smaller size. But I still use the Summicron on film.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No idea.

I just think it's the most Bad Ass lens with that aperture tab. Makes me feel like I'm Koudelka, in a Gypsy Favella.

I use it here and there. Can't tell its character yet but when I see other people's images with t, it reminds me of a Chopin composition. Rich texture yet watercolor colors.

Here's a print from mine, wide open.

Love the character Ned, the creamy transition between highlight and shadow reminds me of unicorn milk ice-cream :D

I have one and I use it with great pleasure on my analog Leica and on the Monochrom. My sweet spots aperture are from f:2,8 to f:5,6. The prints with these combos are lovely indeed. There is an "organic. quality to them. 

Mind you, the results are not so great on digital color Leica M240. There is a cast on the edges that is unpleasant. I guess the reason being that the lens cannot be coded. Even manually, there is no possibility to set the camera for the lens. By my experience, the current Asph versions are better.

I have one and I use it with great pleasure on my analog Leica and on the Monochrom. My sweet spots aperture are from f:2,8 to f:5,6. The prints with these combos are lovely indeed. There is an "organic. quality to them.

Mind you, the results are not so great on digital color Leica M240. There is a cast on the edges that is unpleasant. I guess the reason being that the lens cannot be coded. Even manually, there is no possibility to set the camera for the lens. By my experience, the current Asph versions are better.

What you are really telling me is that it's unique. Stubbornly unique.

That's the stuff that makes Legendary, Legendary.

• Like 1

I have no experience with this lens. Is is true that it flares a lot?

Boy, the ASPH version certainly does....

You just have to think "sun" and the thing flares. If I want or need to shoot into the sun, it's the 28mm f2.8 ASPH, the 24/3.8 Elmar or the 18/3.8 SE. Those three can do it with no problem.

Edited by Gregm61

I didn't see any flare, but I was using it with the vented metal hood.

I should add that it focused perfectly on my M9, not something I can say for all of the modern M lenses I've used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy, the ASPH version certainly does....

You just have to think "sun" and the thing flares [...]

Thank you so would you say that it flares a little like the 35/2 asph or a lot like the 35/1.4 pre-asph? Again just curious as i have no experience with this lens.