Help needed: Can't connect with Leica Customer care for MM sensor corrosion replacement

carlosecpf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sent my MM in on October 24th and contacted them a week later tome sure they received it.  My MM was indeed suffering form the corrosion issue and I was told 24 weeks for parts...  That is absolutely ridiculous!

I called back last week and asked if there were any other options - they said I could "upgrade" to a newer camera for the prices I'll list below.  Has anyone had similar prices quoted?  My camera is 4 years old and in like new condition.

M.         $3100

MP        $3500

M246    $3750

M262   $2075

MD262 $2750

SL.       $2750

Did they not offer an upgrade to a Monochrom Type 246?  I wonder why the M246 is the most expensive in the list.

Best,

Steve

Why send it through NJ??

Mainly due to 2 reasons: (i) Always got stellar service from NJ. Cant complain at all until now and (ii) The corrosion issue happend 2 weeks before Leica stop completely replacing the sensor for free. As I am currently living in Brazil I needed to move fast. I had a friend travelling from Brazil to the US and could ship the camera for from Miami to NJ. I could have done it directly from Brazil, but then I would have to pay tons of taxes.

Did they not offer an upgrade to a Monochrom Type 246?  I wonder why the M246 is the most expensive in the list.

Best,

Steve

They also offered me to upgrade to a Leica Q in addition to all others you listed. I am far more interested in upgrading to an M10, but that was not an available option

Carlosecpf,  I wrote this post in response to Tangfj post.  This is my recommendation for "next time".  r/ Mark

"Tangfj,   I sent my Monochrom to Leica Germany from Australia on May 29th, arrived in Germany June 6th, it spent 8 business days in German Customs (normal) and once at Leica, got an immediate email of receipt of my camera and next a confirming email of the sensor corrosion from Customer Care.  Today, July 6th, I get a UPS tracking number from Leica and my repaired Monochrom is now in transit back to Australia.  The Leica Repair Center in NJ is a disaster.  It has been this way for two years.  It has many issues.  Leica has sent its technicians from Germany no less than 8 times in the last year to help train the staff and "fix" the issues.  It is NOT working.  Next time, I recommend you follow the Leica website instruction exactly and send it directly to Customer Care at Wetzlar.  Leica Wetzlar is the gold standard for Customer Care.  I am a native American on long holiday in Australia and have to admit the Leica NJ "Customer Repair Service"...is a disgrace. I wish Leica Germany would simply put Leica "Repair Service" NJ out of business, make it simply a repair forwarding agent and all repairs are done at Wetzlar.   r/ Mark"

Well mine has been in Wetzlar for more than 6 months. Shitty service in my book.