Compatible SD cards

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was looking at Thorsten's new piece on the Leica M10. He made some interesting recommendations as to compatible SD cards including the Lexar professional 128GB.

This is a more recent card than the recommendations that he made in his Leica Q appraisal.

I was wondering if anyone knows if this card will work without problems in the Leica Q. They're going pretty cheaply on Amazon at the moment.

Somewhere in the Q doc there is a detail on the actual level of SDcard supported (in a jargon that I don't interpret easily). I sort of remember this support didn't go as far as it could have at the time I checked.

But surprisingly, one of my sons mistakenly bought a large SDcard recently instead of a miniature one for his phone, and I recuperated it. The thing was stating, of course, it was the fastest (from the write speeds, "U" level etc.) -and indeed, from the blinking duration when writing after a series of pics, I found it is quite faster than the one I got initially, which (more than 1 year ago) was supposed the best in town.

But, after this silly qualitative speech, I'd say check the specs in the doc... knowing that a card faster than the writing hardware will be handled anyway -but at a speed limit defined by the hardware not the card...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the Q supports SDXC UHS-II (two rows of contacts) at UHS-II speeds? 

I've used them in my Q but rarely shoot video or high speed continuous RAW...

Does anyone know if the Q supports SDXC UHS-II (two rows of contacts) at UHS-II speeds? 

I've used them in my Q but rarely shoot video or high speed continuous RAW...

No, it doesn't, SDXC UHS-I only.