APS-C lens on SL factor question

rafael_macia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is undoubtedly a perceptual change the imaging from one end to another with that lens, but you've reported that again and again and again. I've never even seen one of those lenses, so I have zero experience with it. That's not the way I'd test it, though: I'd use an evenly lit standard target so that I could sample and measure accurately the exact nature of the change in the image; I'd do it with stills too because they're higher resolution and easier to sample and measure than a motion capture. Regardless, I take your observation that THAT lens exhibits 'exposure drift.' However, generalizing from the observation of exposure drift with that ONE lens that ALL variable aperture zooms have exposure drift is ridiculous in any scientific or logical analysis.

But you want to believe what you want to believe and have repeatedly refused to consider any other point of view.

I see little reason to debate lens characteristics with someone who is operating on the basis of belief.

Edited by ramarren

Ok.

You have your set view, as you have expressed again, again, and again.

Understood.

I have shown you examples..

I realize now;

There are none so blind as those ..... who will not see.

There is undoubtedly a perceptual change the imaging from one end to another with that lens, but you've reported that again and again and again. I've never even seen one of those lenses, so I have zero experience with it. That's not the way I'd test it, though: I'd use an evenly lit standard target so that I could sample and measure accurately the exact nature of the change in the image; I'd do it with stills too because they're higher resolution and easier to sample and measure than a motion capture. Regardless, I take your observation that THAT lens exhibits 'exposure drift.' However, generalizing from the observation of exposure drift with that ONE lens that ALL variable aperture zooms have exposure drift is ridiculous in any scientific or logical analysis.

But you want to believe what you want to believe and have repeatedly refused to consider any other point of view.
I see little reason to debate lens characteristics with someone who is operating on the basis of belief.

Edited by rafael_macia

I have not expressed an opinion. Your comment incited my curiosity because I have never seen exposure drift in any of the zooms I've owned. I have tested lenses, four of them, to determine precisely how the variable-aperture zoom lenses I have access to behave: the two Leica SL zooms and the two Olympus FourThirds zooms ... all variable-aperture zooms. NONE of them display any; zero, nada, doesn't happen. Since at least four variable-aperture zoom lenses exhibit no 'exposure drift', it is proven wrong to assume that all variable-aperture zoom lenses exhibit exposure drift. 

​I'm sorry you happened to pick one that does. Better luck next time...? I wouldn't suggest that lens for video work. I bet the T lenses would do a better job, since they were formulated for the T which is capable of capturing video. 

If you want to get personal, great. You can join the other ignored persons on my forum list. Good life to you. 

Re read the thread. Your opinion is only an opinion. My choice of words was not, I admit, as experienced as yours, at being dismissive. I am just serving you "your own medicine".

We are all here to learn from each other not bend each other to our will, as you seem to be attached to doing.

Why do you think your supporters are quiet ? 

because you are Wrong.

Peace ......