London Leica Meet - 20 Aug 17

jcraf

My thanks also to John for organising an enjoyable event on Sunday.  As others have said, it is alway good to meet up with other Leica devotees.

Below are some shots of attendees taken at the top of Primrose Hill.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Seeingeye
  • Like 5

Camden High Street on the walk back from Primrose Hill.  I had a short chat to the man and he and his friends were a good laugh and quite friendly.  The man at the back spotted that I was using a Leica and asked me about it.

M10 with 50/2 Rigid Summicron

Edited by farnz
  • Like 12

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great to see some familiar faces again. And especially good to welcome some newcomers. A most enjoyable day. I'll have to pick up on Camden Market another day. My thanks to John for getting it all together so well. Here are two meagre offerings from me. The one that follows is the "pair" to the photo in 61 above. (Both M10 with Apo 50 Summicron.)

Martin

• Like 8

And the second...

• Like 8

The Amy Winehouse statue in Camden Market certainly came in for a lot of attention, with a constant stream of people having their photograph taken with it.  Here's that man again, taking advantage of a photo opportunity.  I have not previously used the WATE for street photography, but I found it surprising versatile used in conjunction with the Visoflex.

M240 + WATE, probably at 16 mm

• Like 4

The Amy Winehouse statue in Camden Market certainly came in for a lot of attention, with a constant stream of people having their photograph taken with it.  Here's that man again, taking advantage of a photo opportunity.  I have not previously used the WATE for street photography, but I found it surprising versatile used in conjunction with the Visoflex.

M240 + WATE, probably at 16 mm

The WATE and the MATE are both great lens. Good combination for light travel.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi again all.

Just have to say after writing a review on my D2 and filter, i was really great full to all who helped me thank you,the Leica Meeting which seems so popular are fantastic even though I have never been on one,maybe because I thought my digilux 2 was not up too the standards of most Leica, but after reading this forum,which is great I will try and attend one with no shame

• Like 2

Hi again all.

Just have to say after writing a review on my D2 and filter, i was really great full to all who helped me thank you,the Leica Meeting which seems so popular are fantastic even though I have never been on one,maybe because I thought my digilux 2 was not up too the standards of most Leica, but after reading this forum,which is great I will try and attend one with no shame

Yes please do come along!  There are usually all sorts of cameras and lenses (mostly Leicas) from the most humble to the very latest so your Digilux 2 will fit in very well.  :)

Pete.