London Leica Meet - 20 Aug 17

jcraf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On Sunday 20 Aug 17 I'll be leading a Leica meet and walk in London.

This has morphed from a proposed screwmount meet into an event for all Leica users.

The proposed plan is to meet at 1200hrs at The George on Haverstock Hill, NW3 (nearest tube station is Belsize Park on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line), website www.thegeorge-belsizepark.co.uk

We'll aim to have some refreshments at the pub, then saunter down through the streets of NW3 onto Primrose Hill, from which (conditions permitting) there are wonderful views across London. (Note: there is a bit of a climb onto the hill, albeit short and paved).

From there, we'll descend to Primrose Hill High Street with its eclectic and photogenic mix of shops, and onwards to the hustle and bustle of Camden Market.

After that we can disperse, or for those in need of sustenance, find a local hostelry to meet our needs.

If the weather is inclement (well, you never know), there is the option of remaining in the George pub and talking Leica.....

All Forum members are welcome, new or old, and if you're interested in taking part, please can you let me know, either with a PM or a response to this thread, by 20 July if possible, so that I can try and book space for us at The George.

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends in August.

Best wishes

John

Edited by jcraf
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your responses. I'm reckoning on around 15 people, give or take.  The bad news is that The George on Haverstock Hill 'could not accommodate us', even with a month's notice.  Perhaps they've heard how rowdy Leica enthusiasts can be.

Plan B is for us to meet at the Olde Swiss Cottage pub right outside Swiss Cottage station on the Jubilee Line.  It's an interesting place design-wise, but doesn't take bookings. However if enough of us are there at 12pm when it opens, we can stake our claim.  We can then access Primrose Hill from the St John's Wood direction. If anyone has any alternative ideas for a meeting venue in the area then do let me know via this thread or a PM.

Regards

Edited by jcraf
  • Like 4

Glad you mentioned this now, John. I have every intention of buying my train tickets this weekend and need to factor in distances to work out which train to catch! It does look as if I shall be allowed out on my own  :D

• Like 4

Should also mention that most Underground services are, at present, due to run on 20 Aug. There are just some partial closures on the District Line and the DLR. For details see www.tfl.gov.uk

• Like 2

A bit off topic: Are there any plans from you to join the Notting Hill Carnival the weekend after?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!