M7 user wants fastest "wake up / instant" digital M?

Framelines in M typ 240/246/262 and M10 power off to save battery after some seconds, just like the meter powers off to save the battery. 

With the M-D typ 262, presuming I have the power switch set on OFF, clicking it ON means about a 1.5 second delay to being able to make an exposure, necessary to initialize the camera.

With the power switch set to ON and ten minutes elapsed to ensure that the camera has gone to sleep, the frames illuminate as soon as I touch the shutter release; if I keep pushing the shutter release, I make an exposure. That's as close to no lag at all as I can perceive, although it can likely be measured. 

• Like 1

With the power switch set to ON and ten minutes elapsed to ensure that the camera has gone to sleep, the frames illuminate as soon as I touch the shutter release; if I keep pushing the shutter release, I make an exposure. That's as close to no lag at all as I can perceive, although it can likely be measured. 

Ah ha, that's exactly the info I was looking for.  So is the M-D the fastest I wonder?

Ah ha, that's exactly the info I was looking for.  So is the M-D the fastest I wonder?

That I can't answer. I never compared it to my M-P typ 240, for instance, although I don't recall there being any noticeable 'wake from sleep' lag with the M-P either.

All I can for sure is that I have only the M-D now and it is a very responsive M to shoot with.

• Like 1