I still love my M9 / M-E

Rus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Do we still love our regular M9 series cameras now with the new CCD replacement policy and the introduction of the M10?

I do:)

Share photos of your beloved M9 series camera here:)

• Like 3

Why it took so long.  :)

I have one photo of my M-E:

mg_5304.jpg?w=648

And here is one photo with M-E :) :

31363318856_7fc7d39fa7_c.jpg

I'm very conservative by all means :). I'm still using FED-2 my parents let me use in eighties. 

And I just got my M-E as birthday gift from my mother in October of 2016. It is made in 2015. I see no reason to upgrade. I had money to change M-E to M240 from BH, but I decided not to.

I use M-E CCD for family portraits. It is not ideal, but something special in the rendering. It is tiny, yet, special difference, newer digital Leica cameras are missing it. IMO. 

I like M-E for colors under bright sun and it is very good camera for low light BW.

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My black M9 is two months away from returning as a silver M9-P.  Soooo looking forward to having my baby back!  The slowly increasing sensor corrosion had taken a lot of fun out of shooting with it, but when it comes back with new sensor, we're going to party like it's 2999!

• Like 2

My black M9 is two months away from returning as a silver M9-P. Soooo looking forward to having my baby back! The slowly increasing sensor corrosion had taken a lot of fun out of shooting with it, but when it comes back with new sensor, we're going to party like it's 2999!

That sounds very nice! Looking forward to seeing photos both of and by your M9P :)

I love my M9 because it is a real M and follows the rule "keep it simple".

Shanghai, Xikang Lu, M9 + Cron 35 (free hand)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Does an M9M count? It's a kind of a CCD sibling. Mine is nearly five years old, it's got the new sensor, and over 70,000 clicks on the shutter. Wouldn't swap it for anything, although I do sometimes miss my old M9-P.

• Like 11

Does an M9M count? It's a kind of a CCD sibling. Mine is nearly five years old, it's got the new sensor, and over 70,000 clicks on the shutter. Wouldn't swap it for anything, although I do sometimes miss my old M9-P.

A beautiful setup there! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the sensor replaced. Previously, on stopping down, there were too many funny worms in the sky -_-

Although I appreciate the slimmer form factor of the M10, I like the more robust grip that the M9 provides with heavier glass. IMHO it is the perfect companion to the Apo 90 ASPH.

Among other things, I use this combo to take pictures of cameras ;) although I must admit that self-referential motifs in photography may be a symptom of creative crisis B)

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/95318-kaviar/?view=findpost&p=3325269
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/95318-kaviar/?view=findpost&p=3319759
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/120387-i-love-my-m3/?view=findpost&p=3309635
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/45395-lets-see-your-r/?view=findpost&p=3325819
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/233570-i-love-my-m7/?view=findpost&p=3325814
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/272468-the-i-love-my-m10-thread/?view=findpost&p=3298859

• Like 2

Please post images for display in the appropriate photoforums. The technical forums are meant to have photographs to illustrate technical points only.

Jaap why is it that the M9 forum doesn't have a sticky thread for photos taken with that model? The M8, M240 and M10 forums all have one, but not the M9.
  • Like 6

With a heavy heart, I packed my M9-P last night and it's headed to NJ for a new sensor.  My MM v1 has been there since early May.  So I am currently without a M!  I really love both of these and didn't want to go with the newer M models, video doesn't interest me, while the M10 looks great, I didn't see the need.  Fortunately I purchased an SL last month and can use my M glass on that for the next however long it will take Leica to do the repairs.  While corrosion on both of my cameras wasn't a lot, I do live in a humid area and wanted to be sure there wouldn't be further degradation on my favorite cameras!  Looks like I'll be using the SL for a while...

• Like 1

With a heavy heart, I packed my M9-P last night and it's headed to NJ for a new sensor.  My MM v1 has been there since early May.  So I am currently without a M!  I really love both of these and didn't want to go with the newer M models, video doesn't interest me, while the M10 looks great, I didn't see the need.  Fortunately I purchased an SL last month and can use my M glass on that for the next however long it will take Leica to do the repairs.  While corrosion on both of my cameras wasn't a lot, I do live in a humid area and wanted to be sure there wouldn't be further degradation on my favorite cameras!  Looks like I'll be using the SL for a while...

Looking on the bright side, you are just in time (I think) for the last few days of free sensor replacement deal :)

• Like 1

I have recently been contemplating the purchase of a used digital M, and the M9 seems to fit my budget. Sadly all this talk of sensors needing replacing is putting me off the idea. So you guys who have made the leap to digital, should I do it or should i keep feeding my M2 with Tri_X?

• Like 1

I have recently been contemplating the purchase of a used digital M, and the M9 seems to fit my budget. Sadly all this talk of sensors needing replacing is putting me off the idea. So you guys who have made the leap to digital, should I do it or should i keep feeding my M2 with Tri_X?

An M8 and M9 user myself, I've actually just added M2 (and mostly HP5+) to my camera bag. A thoroughly joyful experience this has been so far. 

If an M9 with replaced sensor fits your bill, then I'd say Why not? Or if you are prepared to take the risk of getting an M9 with the original sensor at a better price and worry about possible future replacement cost later, the M9 is an entirely capable camera. 

• Like 1

I have M3 for now and my M4-2 is in service for long time now. I might sell M3 and some lenses, because my M4-2 is great for bw with Summarit-M 35 2.5 and it is amazing lens on M-E for colors. It is best lens I ever have for bw film and it is best lens I ever have for digital color. I like bw film for darkroom prints, my wife prefers sharp images in color and inkjet prints on matte paper. If you have similar needs, then buying digital Leica makes sense. If you are only into bw film, it isn't, IMO.  

And here is nothing wrong with buying of M9 with replaced sensor and refurbished by manufacturer. You just have to decide if you like CCD rendering. It is different from modern cameras. On the screen and on the prints.

• Like 2