Need some information SL with flash

Ashkanani1985

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

sorry for asking. I know it was already asked several times, but some answers confused me more than they helped.

Is there any technical solution to use the Godox AD200 with the SL in HSS? Or ist 1/250 sec the lowest powest possible exposure time?

Thanks for answers in advance.

There is one way for you to trigger any flash (set to manual mode in full 1/1) and either in optical slave mode or pc sync triggered by optical slave sensor.

on trigger, either by a Leica TTL flash mounted on camera hotshoe or SF C1 mounted to trigger a SF60 placed in close proximity.

I set two Lumopro LP180 manual flashes (110Ws x2) on optical slave mode triggered by two SF60s set on TTL mode to trigger the manual flashes to be used with light modifier under sunny environment. The camera is fooled by the HSS capable SF60s on shutter speeds above 1/250 sec (only in TTL mode for HSS trigger). The pics below shows my set up.

43916480774_bc16ffb3a4_c.jpgL1010399 by sillbeers15

• Like 1

You can use the SF40 mounted on your Leica camera to trigger your AD200's optical sensor receiver (if there is one) or use a PC sync cord to hook up an optical sensor to your AD200 but you need a clear line of sight to successfully & reliably do so.

Edited by sillbeers15

Thank you silbeers for your answers.
To be honest, it doesn't work with the SF40 here. What I have tried?
1) Mounting the trigger X1N from Godox on the SL and the SF40 on top of the Trigger
2) Mounting the SF40 directly on the SL.

Both doesn't work. I tried with 1/1000 sec. and in both cases the picture ist 80% black.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There should be no reason you cannot fire your SF40 at HSS when mounted on your SL hotshoe.

There is no point mounting X1D trigger on your camera as I’ve tried similarly using pocket wizard plus lll, it cannot work.

My set up to trigger my SF60s via SF C1 on HSS/TTL to also optically trigger Manual flash. It worked. No black band.

Clever procedure! tried with SL+SF 58 in M HSS MODE and Metz 45-CT 1/1. Cool but complicated.

Also  I've bad news:

1-Neither my old SF 40 nor the new SF 60 (both Nissin)  have HSS option in M MODE. Only in TTL MODE. (On M 10 and SL in both cases).

2-And  my Leica M 10 has not this option :angry: , even using SF 58. Always Leica and the flashes!!!!!

3-On the contrary SL works perfect using my old SF 58.

Something to add, please.

Francisco.

Clever procedure! tried with SL+SF 58 in M HSS MODE and Metz 45-CT 1/1. Cool but complicated.

Also  I've bad news:

1-Neither my old SF 40 nor the new SF 60 (both Nissin)  have HSS option in M MODE. Only in TTL MODE. (On M 10 and SL in both cases).

2-And  my Leica M 10 has not this option :angry: , even using SF 58. Always Leica and the flashes!!!!!

3-On the contrary SL works perfect using my old SF 58.

Something to add, please.

Francisco.

Hi Francisco,

I'm glad you found out that the HSS does not work in M but only in TTL mode ( I did not know about the SF40 as I do not own the flash but I do own 2 SF60s & SF C1). I have brought up the issue to Leica Germany through customer care a month ago and hopefully they will look into the problem soon.