The "factory" to the right is Copenhagen's new, environmental-friendly waste to energy plant Amager Bakke. There is an artificial ski slope and a climbing wall on top of it. There aren't that many real mountains in Denmark 🙂

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread; however, I also ordered a ventilated lens hood for my Summilux 50mm Black Chrome from the  @Overgaard website. After not receiving it for over 2 weeks nor any communication regarding the order, I asked PayPal to get involved. PayPal tried to resolve the issue but never received a response. In the end PayPal issued me a refund since I paid through them.

Really a pity since I so wanted one of these lens hoods. 

51 minutes ago, mdt2 said:

I know this is an old thread; however, I also ordered a ventilated lens hood for my Summilux 50mm Black Chrome from the  @Overgaard website. After not receiving it for over 2 weeks nor any communication regarding the order, I asked PayPal to get involved. PayPal tried to resolve the issue but never received a response. In the end PayPal issued me a refund since I paid through them.

Really a pity since I so wanted one of these lens hoods. 

Mike, thanks for posting to this thread.  The fact that this thread is old indicates the customer services (and sometimes workmanship) has been and continues below par for a long time.  Someone might attribute the delay to COVID-19 but an emailed explanation stating that would probably not inspired your post.  

11 minutes ago, RayD28 said:

Mike, thanks for posting to this thread.  The fact that this thread is old indicates the customer services (and sometimes workmanship) has been and continues below par for a long time.  Someone might attribute the delay to COVID-19 but an emailed explanation stating that would probably not inspired your post.  

Exactly, just a simple update and I would have been fine. "Hey thanks for the 150 bucks, we'll ship your order shortly" Then after hearing nothing for 2 weeks, I figured it was time to cancel. Again, I am disappointed. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

seems even more strange considering he is a LUF member and periodically posts to the forum.  Although not about his customer service challenges. To Rays point, he could have a good explanation. 

Edited by dkmoore

3 hours ago, Pyrogallol said:

Thank you Pyrogallol but unfortunately I am in the States and there is no international shipping on the link you provided :( Thank you so much though.  

On 3/27/2020 at 7:13 AM, mdt2 said:

Exactly, just a simple update and I would have been fine. "Hey thanks for the 150 bucks, we'll ship your order shortly" Then after hearing nothing for 2 weeks, I figured it was time to cancel. Again, I am disappointed. 

Very unfortunate indeed. I ordered one of his hoods for a Lux 50 black chrome last year and back then it arrived in timely fashion and build quality / fit and finish were fine. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you are looking for a TvS-sunshade  for the new Summaron 5,6/28: I've put mine on the bay. The sunshade  was the most important addition to the Summaron--it allows the use of a "normal"  E 39 filter--equal to the Elmar and Summaron 35 threads. As to the quality of the shade: top. As to the ordering/delivering business: I had no problems. Paid and delivered, item fine. Sold my Su 28, so no use of the shade any more. 

K. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear some members had a bad experience ordering a Ventilated Shade.

I purchased a Ventilated Shade for my 28mm Summilux lens on June 12. On June 17th I received notice it was being shipped (from HK) and it arrived by FedEx a couple of days later. It came in a nice presentation and fits my lens perfectly.

I don't mind the standard Leica hood that came with my lens, but I thought I'd give the Venitlated shade a try anyway.

Edited by cbarber
spelling

Happy to report that all orders are shipped, and new orders ship within 48 hours with FedEx. Only the Matte Black Leica Q shade is in backoder till Augsut-September, which the few who ordered tha one are aware of. All other shades are in stock and ships.

As the post office services are not open yet, all orders ship express 1-3 days with FedEx instead of 3-15 days mail.