Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought one for my 35 Summilux-TL. It’s smaller than the one supplied by Leica, which makes me wonder if it’s that effective as a shade (no reason really for a hood on eithe SL or TL to be ventilated) but it’s smaller, well made, looks better and protects the front element.

I’m happy - might buy one for the SL zooms as they’re smaller than the originals, but I’d prefer a bayonet mounting rather than filter thread screw.

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 2

I have bought one for my 35 FLE. The ordering was easy, contact with Adam friendly and delivery from HK swift and without taxes (sent as commercial sample to NL). As written before, it comes in a nice box, little bag with lens cloth and extra cap. The quality of the hood is great - clean cut machined and nice and slim. There is no lettering which I like too. The fit is perfect and snug around the lens barrel - as you get close to the stop, it turns a little tighter and stops perfectly tight. I rate the quality equal to the standard FLE shade. Furthermore, it fits perfectly with a standard Leica UV filter or a B+W 46mm MRC (3 stop). Good purchase that I can recommend.

• Like 3

I ordered and received one of Thorsten's hoods for my 1.4/50mm Summilux Black Chrome. In my opinion it is way, way better than the hood that came with the lens. The quality and fit and finish is excellent and the packaging is very attractive. Highly recommend. Cheers--lt

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my Overgaard hood for my Summilux 50 about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I had to go away for work and the hood arrived while I was away. I just got back over the weekend and opened it eagerly. I am very pleased with it - in the box is the hood, a cloth bag, a lens cloth, a filter adapter, two sizes of caps, and a thank you note. The hood is perfectly made with no flaws whatsoever, and fits the thread on the lens snugly with no play. 

My only (minor) criticism is that the shade of silver on the hood isn't the same as the silver on my M10. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Norm_Snyder,   The short answer is No.   I own several Overgaard lens hoods to include the one for the 28mm Summicron-M.  The shades do not vignette.   Hope this helps.  r/ Mark

Edited by LeicaR10
  • Like 2

Norm_Snyder,   The short answer is No.   I own several Overgaard lens hoods to include the one for the 28mm Summicron-M.  The shades do not vignette.   Hope this helps.  r/ Mark

Hi Mark, 

have you (or others) tried the hood for the Lux 28? that is the one that temps me the most

Some filters won't fit under the original ..

Fedro

Fedro,  I have not had a problem with filters with the Overgaard hood with the 28 Summilux that I owned at one time.  Or with any filters for that matter and his hoods.  Most of my filters are either Leica or B&W.  I do not use a hood with a circular polarizer.  I know some photographers try to use a hood with polarizers but IMO it is cumbersome and simply not practical.  Instead, I use my hand and that works just fine.  r/ Mark

Edited by LeicaR10
  • Like 1

I purchased one of the hoods. The shade of silver isn’t exactly the same shade of my 50APO. They seem to fit but a couple of gripes:

Mine had small scratches on them. Brand new product I wish thetr weren’t any for the price.

Second, if you have cut outs the the shade does not screw in and stop perfectly at 12, 8, and 4 clock. Really just an annoying aesthetic gripe.

Edited by low325

• 4 months later...

I can’t see any difference whatsoever between my Overgaard lens hood and my eBay cheap hoods. And unlike my Leica 12 504, the Overgaard hoods even make the same cheap ‘tinkle’ noise as the eBay ones when dropped on a tabletop.

I’m embarrassed I’ve even bought the Overgaard hood...it’s a complete RIP-OFF and the price is exorbitant by any standard.

8 minutes ago, hemlock said:

I can’t see any difference whatsoever between my Overgaard lens hood and my eBay cheap hoods. And unlike my Leica 12 504, the Overgaard hoods even make the same cheap ‘tinkle’ noise as the eBay ones when dropped on a tabletop.

I’m embarrassed I’ve even bought the Overgaard hood...it’s a complete RIP-OFF and the price is exorbitant by any standard.

The eBay item is a copy of Overfaard's, no? If so, which is a rip-off?

23 minutes ago, pico said:

The eBay item is a copy of Overfaard's, no? If so, which is a rip-off?

the cheapo Ebay ones have been around for years so it might be the other way around? I bought mines ages ago (before the Overgaard ones were launched), and can’t see any difference. I’d guess that they even come form the same factory in China.

At least the prices of the ebay ones reflect the quality.😎

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Alex U. said:

How is the thread done with the Overgaard hoods. Do the have the „stop“ like the Leica standard hoods? And are the Chineese hodds built the samre way or could it happen that the crosspiece covers the view through the finder?

Bought one for my ´lux 50 Asph (in a weak moment...). Threads are OK; don´t bind like the cheap ones often do.  But the position of those crosspieces seem to be entirely random.  On mine , one of them ends up in the "worst possible" position for obscuring the finder.  Not recommended...

Edited by elgenper
spelling...