vacillating

Averroes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Then why would you base your decision on a bunch of posts from strangers? What issue(s) are you trying to solve by moving from an M9?

Jeff

IM trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages... to see if its worth the wait or not... I only have enough money to buy one 

The real advantage of the M10P, is that all the bugs have been worked out. Several firmware releases would have occurred. Maybe bigger buffers and other hardware tweaks for better performance, etc.

The same basic but more stable camera with less frustration.

But the M9 is fine camera even with its quirks.

I think I'll wait for the M10P release, Thanks :)

IM trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages... to see if its worth the wait or not... I only have enough money to buy one 

If I were you, I would go take in hand the actual M10, if available where you live.

Myself, after some months of using M10, I have very little things to desire more than M10 as is.

:ph34r: Wait, maybe, in Black Paint M10, one day when it comes.

Or better yet, M10-M = Monochrom Black Paint.

Or why not M10 MD = Monochrom no screen = that's dreams come true

While waiting I use M10 with pleasure :wub: .

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

If I were you, I would go take in hand the actual M10, if available where you live.

Myself, after some months of using M10, I have very little things to desire more than M10 as is.

:ph34r: Wait, maybe, in Black Paint M10, one day when it comes.

Hope the a la carte M10 comes before the P, 

What are the reasons you're interested in an MP10?  

If you'd prefer no red dot and/or (potentially) black paint to the point where you're willing to delay your purchase for 12 to 18 months without concern then you should wait.

• Like 1

What are the reasons you're interested in an MP10?  

If you'd prefer no red dot and/or (potentially) black paint to the point where you're willing to delay your purchase for 12 to 18 months without concern then you should wait.

I mean,  don't you think they will possibly do a ram upgrade or give us dual SD cards slots, or maybe more major changes?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I mean,  don't you think they will possibly do a ram upgrade or give us dual SD cards slots, or maybe more major changes?

RAM - maybe, they did it before.  That said the real world difference between my M240 and M246 (which included the additional RAM also found in the MP240) wasn't appreciable.

I doubt they'd do something like add dual memory slots because that requires a lot of design work, software development, manufacturing changes, etc.

• Like 1

What do more RAM functions would give more than actual RAM ?

Dual SD cards slots, I don't think so there would be place for that second SD.

To be thinner than the other M, last battery has been slimming down to allow that thinness.

You didn't answer my last question. Advantages and disadvantages are defined by user goals, needs and styles. Best thing to do IMO is to try the options yourself.... rent, demo or borrow.....of course after you've answered the question I posed.

Jeff

• Like 1

I think I'll wait for the M10P release, Thanks :)

Smart Move! By the time you add up the cost of a la carte options you want, you would have more than paid the price of an actual M10 P.

If its any consolation, its now June, so we are only 12 months away from an M10P. Typically a mid cycle introduction. 

• Like 1

Of course, once an M10P has been established, the cosmetic changes will probably be available as an upgrade, and whilst these upgrades may be a bit overpriced, they will make the camera look like a new -P at a fraction of the price.

With the advantage of being able to shoot the camera two or three years sooner.

• Like 1

To return to the original post.. ..I chose the M9-P over the M9 - but only because both were available when I bought. If I had the choice you have - an M10 now (well, after waiting for supply) or a wait for announcement, manufacture then supply (how many months?) I wouldn't wait. I suspect the 'P' differences will be cosmetic - how important is that to you?

• Like 1

To return to the original post.. ..I chose the M9-P over the M9 - but only because both were available when I bought. If I had the choice you have - an M10 now (well, after waiting for supply) or a wait for announcement, manufacture then supply (how many months?) I wouldn't wait. I suspect the 'P' differences will be cosmetic - how important is that to you?

in a way its important for me, because it will be the camera that will be stuck with me for 6-10 years, so I wanna get stuck with something worth waiting for, and I definitely like P version more (like everyone I would assume)

Of course, once an M10P has been established, the cosmetic changes will probably be available as an upgrade, and whilst these upgrades may be a bit overpriced, they will make the camera look like a new -P at a fraction of the price.

With the advantage of being able to shoot the camera two or three years sooner.

I never knew you can upgrade, how would you do that?

You didn't answer my last question. Advantages and disadvantages are defined by user goals, needs and styles. Best thing to do IMO is to try the options yourself.... rent, demo or borrow.....of course after you've answered the question I posed.

Jeff

to answer your question what issues I'm trying to solve moving from an M9. I mean the answer is clear in term of spec upgrade. there are no major issue, but I feel like the M10 is a step in the right direction and feels more like an (M9 + all the spec upgrade)

to answer your other question "why would I base my decisions on a bunch of posts from strangers?" I honestly just wanted to ask to get a general sense from the Leica community

in a way its important for me, because it will be the camera that will be stuck with me for 6-10 years, so I wanna get stuck with something worth waiting for, and I definitely like P version more (like everyone I would assume)

Sounds like you've answered your own question when you say you "definitely like" the P. If you get an M10 now you're going to regret that when the M10-P is available - and that regret will be there for a while if you plan on keeping the camera for six to ten years. Personally I don't plan even six years ahead!

So - stick with the M9 and wait; trade in the M9 for an M10 and wait; get an M10 and trade it in when the P becomes available?

As someone has previously mentioned, I think it would be very wise to try an M10 at a Leica dealers if that's possible for you. Firstly, in the unlikely event that you don't like it, then at least you know you're no longer waiting for something. Secondly, in the likely event that you do like it, then having a good relationship with that dealer gives you the best chance of getting an early place on whatever waiting list!

to answer your question what issues I'm trying to solve moving from an M9. I mean the answer is clear in term of spec upgrade. there are no major issue, but I feel like the M10 is a step in the right direction and feels more like an (M9 + all the spec upgrade)

Spec upgrades are inevitable. With that as your major premise, you'll forever be chasing gear.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 2