vacillating

Averroes

If you want the ascetic of the M-P10 and are prepared to wait an unknown length of time, then obviously that is the choice to make.

If you want the image and interface benefits the M10 offers, these are unlikely to change significantly if at all with the M-P10, then I see little point in waiting unless M-P ascetics are the primary source of your dilemma.  :)

• Like 1

Interesting Dilemma.

My 2 cents:Wait for the M10 P because:

1 - Its what you want.

2 - the M10 is still in the process of maturing (firmware wise). In 18 Months when the M10 P is out it would have come into its own

• Like 2

The P versions usually offer better aesthetics but with the same sensor so the same results. But the M10 looks a lot better than the 240 and goes some of the way towards a P version already. No "M" branding, a smaller red dot and slimmer profile.

Based on what I've seen the M10 is the true successor for M9 holdouts. I think Leica really targeted the M9 look in an effort to attract M9 users. The branding itself hints as much. If you have the means it'll take some strong willpower to resist this new M.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I would lose sleep over any $7k purchase, I worked hard for my money, and wasn't born with a golden spoon in my mouth.

Then why would you base your decision on a bunch of posts from strangers? What issue(s) are you trying to solve by moving from an M9?

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

The real advantage of the M10P, is that all the bugs have been worked out. Several firmware releases would have occurred. Maybe bigger buffers and other hardware tweaks for better performance, etc.

The same basic but more stable camera with less frustration.

But the M9 is fine camera even with its quirks.

Edited by Soden

Disclaimer upfront. I have M240

While reading this thread, I am watching my old pics (screensaver for TV) and many have been taken by my old M9 (now sold) and they are just lovely!!

There maybe many reasons to buy a new camera but improving pictures is probably not the reason.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I would lose sleep over any $7k purchase, I worked hard for my money, and wasn't born with a golden spoon in my mouth.

Firstly......the saying goes "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" not gold.

I was a lowly unwashed uneducated construction worker for 50 years and I worked smart, not hard for my money.

If you lose sleep over the purchase of a camera body it is too expensive for you. No problem with that. There are things too expensive for me and I don't give them a second thought.

• Like 1

Black paint or black chrome (spoon of course) :p ?

Good question! Of course, it's all about brassing.. ..hang on - why don't I get a brass one to start with.. ..and call it my "Jim Marshall Spoon"? (Tongue in cheek comment; if the special editions are attractive to collectors, bring in money for the company that means it can continue to make mainstream models for me then it's a win:win:win situation!)

• Like 1

Firstly......the saying goes "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" not gold.

I was a lowly unwashed uneducated construction worker for 50 years and I worked smart, not hard for my money.

If you lose sleep over the purchase of a camera body it is too expensive for you. No problem with that. There are things too expensive for me and I don't give them a second thought.

first off, everyone loses sleep when thinking of purchasing something big once, in a while, you never stayed up late comparing cars when you are about to buy one and torn between two ????

and yes I know the saying "born with a silver spoon in your mouth" and I said gold because I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, silver was cheap back then.

and lastly, I'm not on this form asking for opinions so someone can tell me "Sony is what you need"