Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x Macro Lens

dancook

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can anyone confirm the quality of the MP-E 65mm on the SL? I fancy getting it, I've had it before on the Canon, but not if there's degradation from mounting it to the SL.

Just saw the cost of the Novaflex EOS SL adapter! So i'm open to suggestions.. I've heard something about a Leica 100mm R with bellows??

Edited by dancook

If you want larger than life (1:1 to 4:1) you better take a shorter lens, e.g. the 60mm macro with bellows. Or simply a 2/50. Both R lenses are very high quality.

If macro up to 1:1 is good enough, then better take the Apo Makro Elmarit-R 100 or the Zeiss Milvus 2.0/100 macro.

AF is not really useful in macro lenses - or only when used as portrait lenses.

Edited by steppenw0lf
  • Like 1

The quality of the results with the MP-E 65 equals to that on the Canons and are

excellent. As you have written, you know the lens on Canons, therefore you know, that

it is not to handle so simply as a normal macro lens. I used it on a 5 D III before.

Of course the Canon MT-24EX Makro Twin Lite cannot be used any more.And the cost for the Novoflex adapter is high - but I have bought it before I use some other Canon lenses with it.

Edited by HeinzX
  • Like 1

If you want larger than life (1:1 to 4:1) you better take a shorter lens, e.g. the 60mm macro with bellows. Or simply a 2/50. Both R lenses are very high quality.

If macro up to 1:1 is good enough, then better take the Apo Makro Elmarit-R 100 or the Zeiss Milvus 2.0/100 macro.

AF is not really useful in macro lenses - or only when used as portrait lenses.

Thanks I'll give them all some thought! 

The quality of the results with the MP-E 65 equals to that on the Canons and are

excellent. As you have written, you know the lens on Canons, therefore you know, that

it is not to handle so simply as a normal macro lens. I used it on a 5 D III before.

Of course the Canon MT-24EX Makro Twin Lite cannot be used any more.And the cost for the Novoflex adapter is high - but I have bought it before I use some other Canon lenses with it.

I had the MT-24EX and the MP-E 65mm, twice bought and sold, generally specify the magnification and then move the camera until subject in focus :)

6949197647_1dd8b3959b_b.jpgBee by dancook1982, on Flickr

6949201175_bd90bd0345_b.jpgBee Leg by dancook1982, on Flickr

• Like 4