Just Bought a T with 11-23

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've always wanted a really wide angle lens. I would have bought one for my old Contax G, but as you might recall, the 16 F8 was hugely expensive, and also vignetted like crazy. Times have changed.

The pix taken with this lens on Flickr convinced me it would be something special. Looking forward to receiving the machine in a week or so,

I've always wanted a really wide angle lens. I would have bought one for my old Contax G, but as you might recall, the 16 F8 was hugely expensive, and also vignetted like crazy. Times have changed.

The pix taken with this lens on Flickr convinced me it would be something special. Looking forward to receiving the machine in a week or so,

Congratulations of your new camera combo!  I love my T.  I have a T + 18-56mm plus manual-focus lenses.

• Like 1

It's a great time to purchase the T system.  Quality/price couldn't be better and your combo is my favorite, the 11-23mm is highly underrated except by those who secretly are being rather quiet about how phenomenal it really is.  The 55-135mm is it's equal.  

• Like 4

Got both the 11-23, and 55-135 for my T ... loving them . The 11-23 is great for travelling .

In addition, they are my only AF lenses for My SL ( using R and M for prime) for its light weight and size in spite of the low APSC 10 MB

Resolution.

Got both the 11-23, and 55-135 for my T ... loving them . The 11-23 is great for travelling .

In addition, they are my only AF lenses for My SL ( using R and M for prime) for its light weight and size in spite of the low APSC 10 MB

Resolution.

Hi Yuhau, 

Assuming you shoot the T or TL, do you see much difference between the T/TL and SL images using the T lenses?  Thanks

hi Daryglo,

Hi Yuhau, 

Assuming you shoot the T or TL, do you see much difference between the T/TL and SL images using the T lenses?  Thanks

I prefer the T lens on T body . for image quality even if it's APSC.

The image quality is very good with some compromise on the body operation ( my take because of my tradional experience)

Some how use of T lens on SL seems to be a rather crude crop of the full frame.

T lens on SL is having AF with excellent VF but compromise on image quality. I am not just referring to 16 mb vs 10 mb.

When I feel like using SL full frame body , the T 11-23 and T 55-135 ( inexpensively ..by leica standard ) offer the LIGHT WEIGHT , small size and Wide / Tele zoom angle view in AF .

I normally mount my prime R , M and other legacy lenses like Topcon on my SL for the desired high image quality.

SL lenses are too big , imposing and heavy for me (67) that I would not take it out for picture taking or travelling .

A lens is only as great as I can take it out for use.

In summary , my experience only

For image quality :

T orTL body: T , R, M lens

SL Body : SL, R , M lenses.

Yuhau

• Like 1

I finally gave in and ordered this lens as well, should get it beginning of next week, looking forward to happy shooting.  

I think you'll like it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1