Q Firmware & Software Updates Coming?

I would love a Firmware improvement that would allow the digital zoom button in the rear to be set to Exposure Lock with a button press for on and off instead of having to be held in. Much easier to use (especially if you are using a Thumbs Up).

• Like 2

It's in the current firmware... Menu --> Mode Lock Photo/Video --> On

It will disable the video record button in all display modes except the video display mode (the one with the camera icon).

My only wish is for an LCD display mode that will show the entire frame without cutting off any portion of it. The current full view still cuts off the bottom of the frame with a half shutter press (makes framing harder when focusing/recomposing); I've resorted to relying on the EVF for proper framing when possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the video button still needs to be fixed as it is too easy to get stuck in the video mode. I would think many users would want to fully disable video and make the video display mode fo away as well.

• Like 6

I would like the electronic shutter to be user selectable so that I don’t have to always shoot at 1/2500 or higher in order to enable it. I believe I read the Leica SL received this option in a firmware update.

Just wondering why you would need this is at the shutter is almost silent and flash can be synced at all shutter speeds

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having suffered a stroke almost three years ago, the Leica Q has become my favorite Leica. Although I still have others, the Q has become my favorite due to its ease of use. BUT when I purchase a still camera, I do not want a video function on that camera. I really wish Leica would issue a firmware update which gives the way to TURN OFF this video function. I am aware of the way offered on this forum to disable this, but it is still too easy to punch the wrong button and take video when one is wanting to take only still photographs. It is so perplexing to review pictures and find that some videos have been taken. PLEASE Leica, supply us with an update giving the menu choice to COMPLETELY DISABLE video on this otherwise great camera.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://leicarumors....ent-phase.aspx/

I'm extremely excited by this.  The Q is damned near perfect now -- or I've just completely acclimated to it -- but the Leica engineers have done great things on newer Leica systems which would benefit the Q.

Wish I were patient!

• 2 weeks later...