Hi, i have questions.

Kamyar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone. I have 1project in desert. I need shoot film and photo booth. I need best quality booth. Do you think leica SL with 24-90 & 90-280 best idea for my project? Documentary film and photo in desert!! Thank a lot

My project is travel 4 person in motorcycle traveler , travel in desert, in iran, for 30 day. I need shoot video for documentary, and shoot photo for 1book ( story about in travel ) i can buy 2 lens (24-90&90-280) . This package in fine?

The SL and native lens are weather sealed and I assume the desert will be sandy and dusty. The only issue would be when changing a lens. It is well documented on this forum how capable the system is as a video and image taker.

• Like 2

Video quality is probably the best that you can get out of any SLR, or mirrorless camera, but the output format and bit depth will depend on your setup. If you are fine with 8-bit 4:2:0 4K 24fps, all you need is a camera and a few SDXC UHS-II cards.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I want to use the external HDD with hdmi . But the real question is whether the necessary quality in terms of color at a high level? Is this the best option? And be based on technical features of the camera to use a lot of different projects? I want to experience the best choice you have, usable and reliable tool for photographers and videographers

If you use external HDMI recorder, you will get 10-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed ProResHQ UltraHD 4K video up to 30 fps.

If you want a better option for video, get Arri Alexa :)))

Leica SL is an extremely versatile camera, which even allows shooting stills while taking video in 1080p. Its optics makes for stunning picture quality. While Sony a7s II also does 10-bit via HDMI, it does not have access to SL lenses, and its peformance with Leica M lenses is not so impressive. SL, on the other hand, works great with both M and R lenses, not to mention its native SL.

• Like 3

Very grateful for the guidance of my friend. I can dual-lens camera, and it cost about $ 16,500 Leica store I get, but there is the possibility that by the time I get $ 3,000 less than the second hand . But without warranty. what is your opinion?

Leica warranty is transferrable, at least in the US. If the second hand camera is under warranty, you will be able to use it.

I agree, two bodies would definitely prevent some nasty things that sand can do, provided your budget allows.

• Like 1