SL with 24-90 at 90 mm ISO 200 1/4000 f4.0

same location same competition, Ludger Beerbaum with Chiara

24 mm 1/2500 ISO 400 f3.3 and as a special thing - against the sun

20170527-L1100288.jpg

lovely photo

that blue... so refreshing, blue reflecting on the horse

composition and moment is great too.

Thank you!

As the time to take photos was not that best a photographer wants to have the reflection of water gave me the light in the face.... interesting aspect....

same location same competition, Ludger Beerbaum with Chiara

24 mm 1/2500 ISO 400 f3.3 and as a special thing - against the sun

20170527-L1100288.jpg

Great shot. Which 24mm lens did you use ?

Was the camera operated remotely with the app ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great shot. Which 24mm lens did you use ?

Was the camera operated remotely with the app ?

Thanks !

No remote... i ´ve used 2 camera systems... this photo area made it possible to take photos with Tele on the one side and the other side with wide angle (last picture, the other direction is shown on picture 1/2) -> therefore i am using the 24-90 as a allrounder as you see

Great photos. I recently shot a netball game with the 90-280. I was pleasantly surprised by the autofocus performance and the high rate of "keepers". And the IQ blows away the Nikon 70-200 that has hitherto been my workhorse mid-tele lens. I've also shot soccer and surfing with the SL, with similarly good results. I have used the handgrip when shooting sports with the SL.

So I'm very impressed with the SL for sports. It really is a terrifically versatile system. I hope the roadmap is expanded in future to include a 500mm f/4, at which point I can fondly farewell my Nikon.

Edited by Alistairm

So I'm very impressed with the SL for sports. It really is a terrifically versatile system. I hope the roadmap is expanded in future to include a 500mm f/4, at which point I can fondly farewell my Nikon.

Well - for e.g. erratic movement, sport action and birds in flight - the SL has a long way to go to match the Nikon D5, for instance. I am here particularly thinking of quick and accurate auto focus, large buffer capacity and high ISO performance. That being sad, I look forward to see a native 400+ mm (with optional extender(s)) on the SL!

Edited by helged

yes, the last image is indeed pretty good. what really helped was getting the jockey against the sky.

Thank you, as i did not use the remote mode and i was able to move in that foto area i had the idea and t tried to get beneath the jumping horse, thinking of getting the shadow in the water and the reflection of the water as a kind of "natural brightening".

And what is more important - the quality of the 24-90 is good enough to take fotos against the light

(sun at about 4 pm).

And- for myself- jumping horses are boring if you always take fotos like the crowd...

Example:

A terrific set, and an activity I've not done in over half a century.

Posted (edited)
vor 58 Minuten schrieb mdp:

Wow! 

Thanks !

Sometimes i am using some "old school stuff" and i am attracting attention  with it 🙂 -> i took this pic with my Noctilux 50mm .

Edited by BlackDoc

vor 5 Stunden schrieb BlackDoc:

It´s   Derby Time ( 29. May - 2. Jun 2019 ) in Hamburg Klein Flottbek

Hm, if I look at the eyes and muzzle of the horse, you might think it would rather stand behind the SL and man would jump over the obstacles... :rolleyes: