Lee Filter System with PC-Super-Angulon-R 28mm?

Tony Perez

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

I have a 28mm PC-Super-Angulon-R (and its 12450 hood) and I would very much like to use my collection of Lee 4x6/100x150 ND filters with it. The lens' native 67mm filter thread appears to work only for very short focus applications, but when focus is racked out near infinity (which is where I need it), there isn't enough thread available for any filter to attach. Has anyone figured out a successful way to attach this lens (with or without the hood) to a Lee filter adapter? :unsure:

I've never tried until now, but I've never noticed how thin the gap is between the moving lens "tube" and the outer casing. So thanks for bringing this to my attention.

If you look at the correct lenshood (12540) you can see the precise fit that was designed to make this work. The thread on the hood is short, but on a very thin "ring".

I use the Hi-Tech adapter on 5x4, some of my lenses are 67mm filter thread, and I tried the regular adapter ring and the w/a ring. No good- too thick, so focus is limited to 1.5m.

I then tried the hood (14170W) from the old Leitz 21 f3.4 Super Angulon-R https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/21mm_f/3.4_Super-Angulon-R

which as you can see has a flat outer rim which fits perfectly into the filter holder by co-incidence. This hood's 67mm thread is again too thick.

Perhaps someone can make a clamping holder that can fit the lens external rim?

o

Sorry,

John