Leica TL Titanium

Guest VVJ

The silver and black bodies are in stock. Perhaps remaining inventory and selling less than the newer titanium color. Interesting to see what Leica does next with the T, and if they further integrate it with the SL. I am hoping they put some method of leveling, my horizons are spilling right much too often. This was a big issue for M10 users and Leica heard their outcry.

It says discontinued at B&H.  That would have been a short-lived life...:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1296563-REG/leica_18112_tl_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

Adorama shows Titanium on Back Order. I bought a Titanium TL 2 months ago and really like it. If that color has been discontinued, it was very short-lived, they must've only did 1 small run of them,

or B & H could also have it wrong, that happens occasionally too. It is also possible someone working there might have mistook the Titanium TL for the recently Discontinued T models... hard to know. Time will tell.

I personally think it's the better looking version of that camera. Maybe soon to be a collectors item, but all in all, a very fun camera regardless of color.

Edited by roverover

or B & H could also have it wrong, that happens occasionally too. 

It could very well be.  It is still listed on Leica's website.

Sony has discontinued the 16 mp chip used in the T/TL, so at some point Leica will need to move to 24 mp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That certainly seems likely, it doesn't explain why only the Titanium version was listed as discontinued, unless it's the 1st sign of what lies ahead.

Edited by roverover

• 2 weeks later...

No longer listed on Adorama either...

Seems the Titanium models are getting rarer by the day. It doesn't show as discontinued on Leica.com yet, but i assume it's heading that way.

B&H now has the T23mm lens for $1499, but it's still in various Leica Web stores for $1895.00, the new price after the past January price increase.

Leica Store Miami now has both the Titanium and the Silver listed as No Longer Available.

Sounds like a new TL is coming soon...

Edited by JorisV

Only 6 months and already discontinued? The X 113 still available after 3 years and no successor in the horizon. Odd.

Is the X 113 still available?  Leica Store Miami only lists the X-U... Except for some new old stock I would be very surprised if it was still widely avaiable.  

This isn't a good sign. At Leica Store Miami, both the silver and titanium versions say no longer available, and black TL has major price drop. Hope isn't end of the T line. A very underrated camera. But I will remain optimistic it will survive and just means next version is on the horizon.

This isn't a good sign. At Leica Store Miami, both the silver and titanium versions say no longer available, and black TL has major price drop. Hope isn't end of the T line. A very underrated camera. But I will remain optimistic it will survive and just means next version is on the horizon.

I know for certain that there are rumors as to a new TL, just not certain as to actual confirmation.

Rob

• Like 1

I am excited about a new T body camera as long as the current T "L" mount lenses fit, if so, I will be looking forward to the next iteration.

Hope isn't end of the T line. 

I wouldn't worry about that.  There is bound to be a new one.  I just hope they integrated most of the improvements that can already be found in the Q and the SL and made it the best APS-C camera possible.

• Like 2

Leica Sydney store have no bodies at all. And they're very tight lipped when pressed. But I did get a wry smile, whatever that means (gas!!) when I asked when the new one was due.

Something is coming. I'm sure of that. I hope it's got the Panasonic AF and the newer Sony 24MP sensor to go with the lovely TL lenses.

• Like 2

Interesting.  After the Leica 5370 leak a few months ago there were no further updates...

Dreaming of a built-in viewfinder, a faster and more responsive body, better high ISO and 24MP.  Basically all things the SL and the Q already have and which shouldn't be too hard.

As far as the body goes I love the current one but a quicker way to change AF point (like the SL joystick) without taking your eyes off the viewfinder would be very much appreciated.

All of the above and I will happily reconsider my investments in other camera systems  :)

• Like 2