Arca-Swiss Plate for M10

Jager

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For those of you who like Arca-Swiss tripod mounts on your cameras, Really Right Stuff is now shipping their new camera plate for the M10.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/M10-Plates

Mine just shipped today, so I can't speak to this one for a few days yet, but based on past RRS plates, I have no doubt the quality will be top notch.  The plate for the M240 - which the M10 plate appears to emulate - was particularly well done.

Edited by Jager

I have been using RRS products for many years, excellent quality and durable. Should not start the sentence with but, but there is a But specifically with Arca Swiss type L-plate grip from RRS for Leica rangefinder cameras. When mounted on tripod ballhead the camera is ‘upside down’ the viewfinder is at the bottom too close to ballhead clamp, usable, not very clever. I have adapted an old Kirk L plate in such a way that the Leica rangefinder viewfinder is at the top, this setup is much more logical and easier to work with. 

Love RRS...been a customer since they started.

Years ago I had one of their early ball heads, I mounted in on the roof of a building for over a year to shoot a time-lapse of a construction project. When we pulled the head down after the project was complete the head was frozen up and discolored from the elements. I sent it to RRS and they replaced it for free...amazing company and the best quality products.

The RRS swiss arca plate/grip will still need to be removed to gain access to card/battery, correct ?  

After several thousand frames on my M10, I've found a spare battery to be essential and battery changes are frequent.  Fortunately, my M10 is primarily used for street, travel, and documentary work and seldom on a tripod.  For those who do intend to use their M10 on a tripod frequently, I'm confident the RRS plate will be top notch.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not quite the same way. It screws into the tripod hole, rather than using the quarter turn fastener on the side of the bottom plate. This is no doubt because the tripod hole gives a more secure connection as all the weight of the camera is now on the RRS plate.

See the pics on the original link at the top to see what the bottom plate is like from the underside.

• Like 1

Not quite the same way. It screws into the tripod hole, rather than using the quarter turn fastener on the side of the bottom plate. This is no doubt because the tripod hole gives a more secure connection as all the weight of the camera is now on the RRS plate.

See the pics on the original link at the top to see what the bottom plate is like from the underside.

What I meant was that it replaces the bottom plate and works the same way...so its no more difficult to replace the battery than when using the Leica bottom plate.

as opposed to using a traditional quick release plate which attaches to the Leica bottom plate, requiring you to remove two plates to get to the battery.

With the RSS plate, you simple remove the bottom plate exactly as you would with the Leica bottom plate.

as usual, RRS makes great pieces.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2