Refurbished M-E

mkur

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

What would be a reasonable expectation regarding a factory refurbished M-E?

My story: A few days ago I have ordered online a factory refurbished M-E from a reputable Leica dealer in Germany. Unfortunately, I am somewhat disappointed with the camera I have received. While I can live with some scratches on the top plate, the viewfinder has some cleaning marks, which in my opinion, should be mentioned in the description. Also, a shutter count of over 16,000 is rather on the high side...

So, did I get a lemon or are my expectations simply too high? Maybe I am spoiled by my M6, which I acquired in a like new state...

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards,

--mk

tbh it is a little hard to decide whether or not it's worth it without knowing at least roughly how much it cost you. Would you be willing to give us a hint as to the price it came at?

tbh it is a little hard to decide whether or not it's worth it without knowing at least roughly how much it cost you. Would you be willing to give us a hint as to the price it came at?

I paid 3200 Euro

--mk

Hi,

I like the idea of refurbished Leica's, but the price should be accordingly. What you have said, i would say the cost of your Leica ME should have been under 2500 EUR.

Best Regards,

Moritz

Edited by Moritz

I paid 3200 Euro

--mk

That does sound a bit steep for an ME with that shutter account and in that kind of cosmetic condition as you've described. If I were you I'd consider returning it for refund, if possible.

Btw how about the sensor? New type or the original type?

Edited by Rus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

IMO the price would have been OK if the camera had been perfect. This does not sound like a factory refurb, this sounds like a used camera that has been sent to Leica for a CLA. And, as Rus said, it should have come with the guaranty of the new type sensor at this price. Return it. There are better bargains out there.

Hello MK,

there is one member in this forum, who gets once in a while refurbished Leica's from Leica directly and he is selling them. Just mail Holger1 a private message in this forum and tell him I told you so. At the Leica trade fair lately in Solms a refurbished Leica M9 was 2400 EUR.

Best Regards from Germany,

Moritz