Summilux 75mm F1.4 vs Hexanon 60mm F1.2 limited

reddot925

It's not quite clear yet, are you a user or a collector/investor ?

I'm not sure if I'm between just these two/three choices, if I were just a user I'd already be happy with a set of the excellent Summicrons or Summiluxes or if I'm a collector I'd be happy to keep expensive unused or even unopened gear on a shelf.   I'm also definitely not a photographic equipments investor as I humbly feel hoping for certain manmade items to appreciate is not really investing.

So, if I had to classify as I'd say I'm more of a high end gearhead, I enjoy trying different well designed or well engineered camera and lens, and it's a bonus for it to gain in value when I'm no longer making use of them and I can still sell it for profit.

Edited by reddot925
  • Like 3

I don't envisage my 1.2/60mm Hexanon either because it is in a bank safe for a couple of years now. Tested it on an M9 with an adapter ring before buying it and that was it, untill I'll retire. Then there will be plenty of time for more.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't envisage my 1.2/60mm Hexanon either because it is in a bank safe for a couple of years now. Tested it on an M9 with an adapter ring before buying it and that was it, untill I'll retire. Then there will be plenty of time for more.

Be careful. The grease may have become very dry by then.  ;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm between just these two/three choices, if I were just a user I'd already be happy with a set of the excellent Summicrons or Summiluxes or if I'm a collector I'd be happy to keep expensive unused or even unopened gear on a shelf. I'm also definitely not a photographic equipments investor as I humbly feel hoping for certain manmade items to appreciate is not really investing.

So, if I had to classify as I'd say I'm more of a high end gearhead, I enjoy trying different well designed or well engineered camera and lens, and it's a bonus for it to gain in value when I'm no longer making use of them and I can still sell it for profit.

I believe the term you're looking for is a "boffin" :D

In the endearing rather than the derogatory fashion.

• Like 1

@JMF thanks! Just left the lens selection on Auto, it seems to show up as R to M adapter when nothing is selected.

Saw your pictures on Flickr, beautiful!

OK, thanks a lot, looking forward to seeing more from your new dream lens ! 

Cheers, JM.