Yet another bag thread.... :-)

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I haven't got my M10 quite yet. But i have been promised May/June, so hopefully soon. 

I am suddenly a part time photographer. I have realized though that i really need the Visoflex. Especially for the 135, but also for 90mm and Noctilux work these days for my mid age eyes. 

I have no camera bags which fits the camera and a mounted Visoflex. It sounds stressful for me to dismount the Visoflex for each time i need to stove the camera. And it seems to me that all the nice bags are constructed the same. Nothing on top of the camera. 

Seems like i then need to go for Canon sized bags? Can anyone suggest a Billingham or similar which could fit? 

It depends on what lens you are mounting while keeping in bag.

I got the Black Label Bag Penn's Pad and Pencil Satchel Bag Mark II. It's really good in all aspects. It's got a very good canvas strap, heavy duty. To keep the camera with visoflex, you will have to place it in this bag in such a way that the depth is occupied by lens and body and base plate is floored. Placing it sideways, might affect the kinda flimsy visoflex.

The depth on this bag does not allow more than 50 summilux and body without protruding on the side wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven't got my M10 quite yet. But i have been promised May/June, so hopefully soon.

I am suddenly a part time photographer. I have realized though that i really need the Visoflex. Especially for the 135, but also for 90mm and Noctilux work these days for my mid age eyes.

I have no camera bags which fits the camera and a mounted Visoflex. It sounds stressful for me to dismount the Visoflex for each time i need to stove the camera. And it seems to me that all the nice bags are constructed the same. Nothing on top of the camera.

Seems like i then need to go for Canon sized bags? Can anyone suggest a Billingham or similar which could fit?

Billingham S3 will hold the camera and a lens and the EVF and room for a couple more lenses. Or the S4 if you want bigger.

• Like 2

Remove the Visoflex........

Firstly, it's not stressful. Secondly if you don't you'll almost certainly lose it. It doesn't "lock" into the hotshoe and having it on camera while you put the camera away or take it out will probably be where you knock it out of the hotshoe without noticing. Thirdly you'll be putting torque on the hotshoe and those screws are tiny.

Gordon

p.s. The three lenses you mentioned are why I bought the M10. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the improvement in focusing, especially with those three lenses.

• Like 1

I second Billingham S3, its because the bottom of the bag is wide enough to be put in camera bottomplate facedown.

What I certainly doubt is you'll probably knock off the evf each time you taking out the bag...Holdfast streetwise might fit the setup too..it's gorgeous bag by design, I love it despite the premium price.

• Like 2

I try and bag my M cameras, so the sensor is facing down.

I wonder if it helps to keep dust and debris off the sensor.

Certainly when flying or long haul car journeys the camera is always face down.

I keep my cameras upright and never had any sensor issues.

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be getting to try out the fit of a M10 with EVF in my Billingham Hadley Pro on Thursday or Friday. I already know the Billingham easily fits 2 Leica M bodies with 35 and 50 mounted and a 90 and 21 coupled back to back plus all of the necessary odds and ends. It should work for M10 & EVF as I often have the 21 mounted with the external viewfinder. It catches sometimes when pulling the camera out in a hurry but most bags will. This is a great kit bag and in black looks like any other going to the office bag.

The Hadley is a bit fancy for casual travel and backcountry use. Depending on the kit, I'll take a Filson or the wonderful little Domkie F5XA.

• Like 1

Hi,

This may not be the answer that you want but I believe its not a bag that you need; the problem is the detachable Visoflex.  

I have similar problem with the Visoflex on my M240 - love the functions but hate to mount and detach it. It sticks out like a sore thumb.  My last trip to Bali I did not even use the Visoflex - use it as (and it is after all) a range finder.

So I choose to get the SL instead of the M10.  Its great with M lens but its bigger and heavier. It will fit into any of common M bags when using the M lens.

Edited by Fang
  • Like 2

I don't know why you think you need the visoflex. I bought it right from the start with my M10 but found out that with, 75lux, 90apo and tele-elmar135 I can do better without it than expected. Focusing is so much better than with my M9. I do use the loupe 1.40 but not always. I only use the visoflex for my 180mm R lens.

There is no waiting list for the Visoflex so you can also wait a week or two

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 2

Firstly, it's not stressful. Secondly if you don't you'll almost certainly lose it. It doesn't "lock" into the hotshoe and having it on camera while you put the camera away or take it out will probably be where you knock it out of the hotshoe without noticing. Thirdly you'll be putting torque on the hotshoe and those screws are tiny.

Gordon

p.s. The three lenses you mentioned are why I bought the M10. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the improvement in focusing, especially with those three lenses.

Definitely agree with this! I use a Hadley Pro mostly, and never leave the Visoflex on camera. I actually haven't used the Viisoflex yet using a 28/50/90 and 135 set-up.

Hi,

This may not be the answer that you want but I believe its not a bag that you need; the problem is the detachable Visoflex.  

I have similar problem with the Visoflex on my M240 - love the functions but hate to mount and detach it. It sticks out like a sore thumb.  My last trip to Bali I did not even use the Visoflex - use it as (and it is after all) a range finder.

So I choose to get the SL instead of the M10.  Its great with M lens but its bigger and heavier. It will fit into any of common M bags when using the M lens.

True. I had the SL, but the weight was too much. It is however a stellar camera. Just as is the M10.

Definitely agree with this! I use a Hadley Pro mostly, and never leave the Visoflex on camera. I actually haven't used the Viisoflex yet using a 28/50/90 and 135 set-up.

The Hadley pro is taller and I think narrower than the S3.

You could also add end pockets to the S3 if you need more space.

• Like 1

It depends on what lens you are mounting while keeping in bag.

I got the Black Label Bag Penn's Pad and Pencil Satchel Bag Mark II. It's really good in all aspects. It's got a very good canvas strap, heavy duty. To keep the camera with visoflex, you will have to place it in this bag in such a way that the depth is occupied by lens and body and base plate is floored. Placing it sideways, might affect the kinda flimsy visoflex.

The depth on this bag does not allow more than 50 summilux and body without protruding on the side wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They looks great thanks. Will have a closer look. 

Gordon

Some shootings are very stressful and i do work sometimes with 2-3 cameras.  It sounds great that the focusing have been improved, didn't know that.  

I don't know why you think you need the visoflex. I bought it right from the start with my M10 but found out that with, 75lux, 90apo and tele-elmar135 I can do better without it than expected. Focusing is so much better than with my M9. I do use the loupe 1.40 but not always. I only use the visoflex for my 180mm R lens.

There is no waiting list for the Visoflex so you can also wait a week or two

Actually i found out today that the focusing in M240 was wrong. It was the first time in 20 years i need to send in the camera for adjusting the rangefinder. When i wrote this i have had to many blurred tele pictures. And i thought, shit i am getting old. So maybe this is a non issue. Thanks for your reassuring lines. 

Actually i found out today that the focusing in M240 was wrong. It was the first time in 20 years i need to send in the camera for adjusting the rangefinder. When i wrote this i have had to many blurred tele pictures. And i thought, shit i am getting old. So maybe this is a non issue. Thanks for your reassuring lines.

I hope you conducted tripod tests comparing LV and RF, using all lenses, to better determine if the issue(s) lie with the RF, the lens(es), user technique or some combination.

Jeff