Samyang 24mm f/3.5 T/S adapted to the S

alan.y

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Unable to afford the Super Elmar, I found this adapted Samyang T/S lens. It seems work well. Here is a photo taken handheld at f/11 on my S2. Would've been better to focus it on live view but don't have the S 007 with me today.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by alan.y
  • Like 2

det

Edited by alan.y

right edge

Edited by alan.y

the lens can't shift anymore.

Edited by alan.y

This was a one-off conversion project on the part of the seller, who machined the S mount and replaced the shifting part of the lens with it. He did provide me with the shifting part in case I wanted to restore it. Mechanically this budget Samyang lens is very simple so it's probably easy to convert the lens if one has the S mount machined.

center crop 1600 x 1600

Edited by alan.y

• 1 year later...

The Samyang lens may not have sufficient coverage to permit shitting on the S Format. Mamiya made a completely manual 50mm shift lens for their M645 Series which I have used on my S007 with a Mamiya M645 to Lecia S dumb adapter. I also have  Hartbeil 45mmtilt/shift in a Mamiya M645 mount that works well if carefully focused in live view to compensate for severe field curvature and is stopped down ti f/16-22. In addition, the Hasselblad HTS 1.5 Adapter with the 28mm Hasselblad H Lens also works on the Leica S when used with the Leica S-H Adapter but there is a 1.5x increase in focal length.

I used Cambo Actar 24mm to go with the Leica M10p. It has quite a long flange distance and therefore it work pretty ok. The one issue is that it doesn't have very high resolution. Not as good as Canon TSE24mm (Compared test them on GFX). I think the Actar is actually an OEM Samyang. Their lens coating and element look the same (slightly different from TSE24)

As I mentioned previously, the Hasseblad HTS 1.5 Unit works well on the S System via the Leica S-H Adapter. Although this adapter was very expensive in the past, the new "E-bay" price of around $400 is petty reasonable for folks that already have a collection of  Hasselblad H Lenses.. The Hasselblad HTS 1.5  sells for around $2500 on the used market  and the down side is the 1.5 focal length multiplier which turns the 28mm H Lens into a 42mm lens so it is not an inexpensive tilt/shift solution but it does work well.