THE WINNERS - Australasian Leica One Challenge

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow! What a competition we had.

21 paid up photographers, all shooting their hearts out, Day & Night.

Great food and drinks, oh and yes, great company. Thank you all soooo much for coming to Melbourne Australia. Most of you did the long haul from Europe centric countries, which was fantastic of you all. One in particular who suffered badly (no names) but I think we locals managed to revive him sufficiently to perform very respectfully (not commenting on his manners). Our locals acquitted themselves very respectably too, as I expected they would.

I had a great time organizing things, largely thanks to Melanie who knows my weaknesses (I don't do numbers) and so she very efficiently stripped money from you all and wrote your names on a piece of paper. Sounds easy, but I always mess such things up, so thank you Melanie.

The results, I hear you shout. OK. Here they are.

DAY CHALLENGE

1st place goes to: lanetomlane for HOLDING HIS HEAD UP. - 24 points

2nd place goes to: Farnz for MUSIC MOVES THE MONSTER - 23 points

3rd place goes to: Elliebelle for PLUS ONE - 21 points

The winning shot

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

NIGHT CHALLENGE

1st place goes to: Farnz for NIGHT LOVERS - 32 points

2nd place goes to: Elliebelle for: NOCTURNALS - 27 points

2nd place goes to: jrbelmuda for - HERES LOOKING AT YOU - 15 points

The winning shot

Well done to the places achieved above. It was a hard fought series, especially the day challenge because in the latter days of voting there was a continual swapping of leader and towards the end a dead heat looked most likely. Fortunately I did not have to declare a draw, thanks to the very last vote.

I should emphasize that the other participants really gave voters a very wide choice and the voting in general was well spread. The variety of image genres submitted from the same town with the same brief was truly amazing. Some images made me look at my own town as though I had never had my eyes open before. Thank you all for a wonderful experience.

I will be contacting Tom to arrange transmission of the prize money to him soon, ... unless he calls me first. :D

• Like 11

Thanks John (and Melanie, for a mates support!).  You did it all perfectly.

Such a great event...I enjoyed every moment, and loved meeting our internationals, as well as the locals, just as much.

Congratulations Tom, Pete, Ellie and John.

It was all wonderful.

all best to all..

• Like 5

May I also add my congratulations to Pete, Tom, Ellie and John. What a wonderful opportunity it was to meet some of you, and to think so many came from so far away! Thanks most of all to John and Melanie for such wonderful organization.

• Like 5

Brilliant! Thanks for the folks that organised this and for the participants for submitting entries. As Erl has said it's an amazing 'spread' of images taken in the same place at the same time. It's great to see this sort of thing in the forum - makes a change from 'the best bag' and 'why has Leica gone back on its promise regarding M9 sensors'. Look forward to the next one!

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Congratulations to Tom as the worthy winner of the Day Challenge and to Ellie and John for their excellent pictures!  

To those who obviously chose not to 'podium' (as the common term seems to be these days) by withholding their best pictures it was a very close run competition where up to 6 people could have emerged victorious in Victoria (yes, a terrible pun, I know but hey :D) and it was only decided on the final day.

Thank you to everyone who came along in Melbourne, whether participating or supporting, you made me feel so welcome; I have said a number of times since that I could see myself living in Melbourne quite easily (as a Kiwi-Pom to keep you Ozzies on your toes  :D).  When you're so far from home such friendliness and openness is priceless to me.

To John, I've said it before but I'll say it again: thank you so, so much for so ably arranging and managing with the aid of Melanie the Challenges and all the events surrounding them.  I particularly wanted to come to Melbourne as a form of thanks for the indescribable commitment you've put into getting to so many of the European One Challenges.

And finally, John, since you've got some spare time now  ;) is there any chance that you will very kindly publish a full list of the names against entries for the day and night challenges please?

Pete.

• Like 9

Just when I thought I could relax and watch television tonight, some little (but loveable) twerp comes along with a suggestion of more work!

Well you watch me dodge this one.

Melanie!!! .... Pete wants a full list of entries with accompanying names.

Some people are never satisfied!

What's that? .... Oh.

She says it's the least I could do.

Grumble. A man's work is never done.

Well I've started watching TV, so you will have to wait till tomorrow.

Besides, Melanie has all the lists anyway.

P.S. Loved the location of your shots Pete, especially the Day Shot. :p

• Like 6

Yay ! Congratulations Tom, Pete & John  :D  :D  :D Well done guys -

I just want to add my thanks & appreciation to all the other participants, I very much liked and enjoyed seeing everyone's photographs. All so wonderfully varied and unique perspectives.

​Photography aside, it was fantastic to meet and mix with everyone who came to Melbourne, such a lovely, lively and friendly bunch of men & women. :D 

Many thanks once more to John & Melanie for (seemingly effortlessly) making it all happen for us  :D 

Edited by EllieBelle
  • Like 6

Just to let you all know I've started, in the 'Other' photo subforum, a thread for the outtakes, the pictures from the Challenges that we didn't enter, and any other pictures from the weekend that you'd like to share.  You can find the thread at this link so please post away!  :D

Pete.

• Like 5

Thanks again for your wonderful efforts to make this gathering a success, John and Melanie.
Congratulations and well deserved

lanetomlane for HOLDING HIS HEAD UP. - 24 points

2nd place goes to: Farnz for MUSIC MOVES THE MONSTER - 23 points

3rd place goes to: Elliebelle for PLUS ONE - 21 points

Thanks also for the couple of kind folks who threw a couple of points my way for my #3 Melbourne Grunge!
My MUA friend who kindly helped me out as model is much better looking than the winner portrait ;-)
You would have to sit with me for a beer to learn the story of our adventures for my shot.. some skater boys most interested in what we were shooting! and my T that reset itself inexplicably four or five shots into my 24!

• Like 4

Well, my best congratulations to Tom, Pete, Ellie and John, my best thanks to John and Melanie for the hard work of organizing the whole event and to everyone, who took part and made the whole challenge happen.

It was big fun :)

Stefan

• Like 5

Congratulations to Tom, Pete, Ellie and John! And also to all those who took part on the day. What a great opportunity is was to share and experience our passion.

It would be good to see all the other images we captured not just on the day of the comp but also the days leading up to and after on the subform Pete has kindly linked above.

• Like 4

Well done Tom, Peter and Eileen. :)  :)  :)

Thanks again to John and Melanie for their tireless efforts. 

Well done as well to the brave souls who submitted their very fine efforts and joined the merry throng. 

So good of everyone that travelled to do so. Thanks again.

It was a lot of fun and hope we can do it all again in the future.

• Like 7

Wow, as I've been in Seattle for the last three weeks I haven't been on the forum and was therefore most surprised when I got home yesterday to find I had the winning shot. Once again many thanks to John and Melanie for organising such a great event and for all the people who attended. We thought the atmosphere for the whole weekend was great and hope to see many of you again at future events.

As for the prize money John, would you kindly donate it to one of the cancer charities, save messing around with the transfer.

Thanks & best regards to all.

Tom

• Like 11

Tom, I am a patient at PeterMac (Melbourne Cancer Clinic) so at your request the money will go there. I will inquire about the appropriate channel for such donations and keep you informed. Thank you, on behalf of PeterMac for the donation.

• Like 6

Congratulations to Tom and Pete for the winning shots.

Also congrats to the runner ups, it was a real close finish for the day time challenge, 1 point difference only!

Well done everybody, and I'm looking forward meeting you in October in Rome for the Europe Challenge!

John

• Like 1