Question: How long its gonna take for replace CCD? USA

jiheng779

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On March 17 I send my ME to NJ leica for replace my corrosion CCD;on March 21 got Lecia's email said they recieve my camera and gonna inform me about the test results "soon".  So far nothing yet. 

On April 25 I send they a email to follow up, on May I send two email but no response at all..

Should I just wait till they send the camera back or I have to contact their headquarter?  The customer services is sooooo terrible.

Any suggestion what should I do next? 

Thank you.

My M-E went out through Leica Boston around the same time - I haven't heard anything either. I'm just trying to be patient. Based on what I've read through this forum, I'm guessing some time in late June for an eta.

My M-E went out through Leica Boston around the same time - I haven't heard anything either. I'm just trying to be patient. Based on what I've read through this forum, I'm guessing some time in late June for an eta.

Today I surprised got Leica's email today and been told my camera is queue for replacement for sure, and "the turnaround time is currently 12 weeks" which is tomorrow May 21.  Yeah!  Will I get my camera tomorrow?

Then "you are a still a few weeks away from completion" 

??? 

???

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sent mine back in early March, they received it on the 9th, and sent me a quote/summary of required repairs on the 21st for both my M9 body and 50mm Summilux lens. Called them last week, still being repaired. Given what most peoples turnarounds have been, I imagine I'll be getting mine back by mid/end of June most likely.

I just sent my M9 this weekend, and USPS says it delivered today. I'm guessing i should be getting a "received" email this week. And by reading everyone's experience here, seems that i will be getting a nice surprise around my birthday in August.

I sent mine to my dealer in early February and they shipped it to Leica for sensor replacement. It's supposed to be delivered back to me this coming Monday. So about three months for me, but that's going through the dealer rather than dealing directly with Leica.

Lucky you have a leica dealer to talk about. 

Sent mine back in early March, they received it on the 9th, and sent me a quote/summary of required repairs on the 21st for both my M9 body and 50mm Summilux lens. Called them last week, still being repaired. Given what most peoples turnarounds have been, I imagine I'll be getting mine back by mid/end of June most likely.

That is so sad.  I got the quote same day as you do, as leica said 12 Weeks so we should get it back June 6 that week. 

I just sent my M9 this weekend, and USPS says it delivered today. I'm guessing i should be getting a "received" email this week. And by reading everyone's experience here, seems that i will be getting a nice surprise around my birthday in August.

You "should" get their received email this week, calculate 12 weeks its mid of Aug. Just need little more patient, use back up camera.

I got another email last night, quoting the work that needs to be done on the M9-P. Even though they received it on March 19th. The original quote I got was just for the lens, but they had said the camera was being sent to Wetzlar for sensor replacement.

Not sure if it means that they are only starting work on it now, which hopefully means it will be fixed by the end of the week, and not another 12 week wait from now lol.