Question for the toffs regarding the Leica Noctilux 0.95

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

So Im still looking for that golden apple, I already have it in the S007 but try lugging that frigging thing around with 3 lenses all day and you will soon get a divorce with that puppy.

Neil

I remember when you sold the M-series equipment for the S006/7 you stated that that you were a really big strong guy and the weight of the S gear was a non-issue.

Do you really want to go back to a rangefinder after the S and SL?

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I remember when you sold the M-series equipment for the S006/7 you stated that that you were a really big strong guy and the weight of the S gear was a non-issue.

Do you really want to go back to a rangefinder after the S and SL?

Mark

That big strong guy is 2 years older and can't be arsed lugging heavy camera gear around. The S is a keeper, whatever happens, I like the SL to but it just doesn't have that sex appeal that the M has (with the Arte Di Mano half case) in burgundy :) :) :).

And even with M lenses the SL is not exactly light.

Hay I'm like YOU to. I like new toys :)

Neil

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with trying new stuff. Variety is the spice etc. You don't need to justify it to yourself or anyone else, Neil. Just get one and enjoy it.

I'm very happy with my MP240 with 50 Summicron and Q but feel a bit lost now that all my requirements have been met. That's why I'm thinking of an M10  :D

Pete

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

There's nothing wrong with trying new stuff. Variety is the spice etc. You don't need to justify it to yourself or anyone else, Neil. Just get one and enjoy it.

I'm very happy with my MP240 with 50 Summicron and Q but feel a bit lost now that all my requirements have been met. That's why I'm thinking of an M10  :D

Pete

Thank you sir

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And even with M lenses the SL is not exactly light.

Neil

With the EVF attached to the M (you need an external VF for your 21SEM), the weight difference is less than a quarter pound. And it no longer looks so sexy.

No need to rationalize if the M has more appeal... just buy it.

Jeff

• Like 1