New Firmware 3.0

Fang

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know what focus stacking is and I doappreciate your help but in reference to his comment re stack focus with video af-c I don't understand what he means.

Different sentences in different paragraphs. To me, they are unrelated ... I prefer this to writing a new thought in a new post. 

After the firmware upgrade something seems to be wrong with deleting images.

First I was not able to delete an image that I had marked (single). A few minutes later I was able to delete an image, but was not asked how many I wanted to delete (single or more), but instead the image was deleted immediately. (no confirmation)

So I have to be very careful now, not to delete by accident.

Do other users see the same problem ?  Or is this a new feature ?

I saw this problem only after updating the lenses (SL 90-280). First I did only an upgrade with an M/R lens attached. I do not know if it is important that there was a delay (of several hours) between updating the SL and the lenses. (I think it shouldn't).

I delete images in-camera so infrequently, I never noted the previous behavior.  :blink:

• Like 1

After the firmware upgrade something seems to be wrong with deleting images.

First I was not able to delete an image that I had marked (single). A few minutes later I was able to delete an image, but was not asked how many I wanted to delete (single or more), but instead the image was deleted immediately. (no confirmation)

So I have to be very careful now, not to delete by accident.

Do other users see the same problem ?

Same to me: it is not possible to delete a single image. The only way I found: Delete many and mark the one only, you want to delete.

there's another strange behaviour (at least for me) using M-lenses and Leica's M-L-Adapter:
When first mounting a lense I was asked if it was the correct lense and everything works fine.

But after changing some minor settings (maybe switching the profile?) it changes to "unknown lense profile".

Never had this with Firmware 1.1 to 2.2....

Same to me: it is not possible to delete a single image. The only way I found: Delete many and mark the one only, you want to delete.

I was wrong, its not a bug, its a feature: by choosing "delete single" you have to choose delete again to delete the picture. Only one picture will be deleted, unless you press delete again. It ist one step less than in FW 2.x to delete the next picture.

• Like 1

Use two Pocketwizards Plus III (Ch 17 or up) and you can use (every) flash up to 1/8000 in manual mode

Huh? How is that? Only with studio lights or also with speedlights? Would that be HSS or some kind of workarround?

( I need HSS with off-camera speedlight )

Edited by profus

I had the chance to test these PocketWizards before I buy them and I wanted to test them just to see if it would work.

That was my test shot. My sleeping cat indoor. To get 1/6000 sec I had to bring up the ISO to 18.000 ... haha

it still worked

SL ⎢Summilux SL 50 ⎢ ISO 50 ⎢ F/1.4 ⎢ 1/6000 sec ⎢PW Plus III on the camera ⎢ PW Plus III in HSR Mode connected with a sync cable to the speedlight

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Vogelweide
  • Like 1

I was wrong, its not a bug, its a feature: by choosing "delete single" you have to choose delete again to delete the picture. Only one picture will be deleted, unless you press delete again. It ist one step less than in FW 2.x to delete the next picture.

It's better because you can now see the whole image before you choose to delete or not. Before 80% of the image was blocked by the menu. This is much better - though greater risk of inadvertent deletion until you get used to it.

it is described here and it works for sure :-)

I use the Pocketwizards with Cactus RF60x speedlights and I also tested it with Elinchrom Ranger Quadra.

No problems at all.

I had the chance to test these PocketWizards before I buy them and I wanted to test them just to see if it would work.

That was my test shot. My sleeping cat indoor. To get 1/6000 sec I had to bring up the ISO to 18.000 ... haha

it still worked

SL ⎢Summilux SL 50 ⎢ ISO 50 ⎢ F/1.4 ⎢ 1/6000 sec ⎢PW Plus III on the camera ⎢ PW Plus III in HSR Mode connected with a sync cable to the speedlight

That sounds good! But I'll have to ask again just to be sure - excuse my ignorance - I am really no expert by any means when we speak about

HSS, PW and speedlights...

A bit background info:

Previously I had Nikon Df with SB800 speedflash I could use HSS function with a cheap Yongnuo wireless trigger ( NIkon version ). It was working just fine.

When I bought SL I soon learned it was not that easy. There is a whole topic here about that and pretty much everybody said - no, it's not possible to have HSS off-camera with

Leica SL...only using a specific Nikon cord with Leica SF 40 or 64 ( maybe also 58 )

And now you are telling me - it is possible after all? I just need to use PW III? Not even need to buy insanely expensive Leica ( Nissin ) speedlights?

You saying I would be able to use my Nikon SB800 with SL in HSS mode?

Do I get it right?

And this PW III - does it come in different versions - to different camera models or...?

Yes, I am a bit confused... :o

Pls. enlight me. Thank  you!

That sounds good! But I'll have to ask again just to be sure - excuse my ignorance - I am really no expert by any means when we speak about

HSS, PW and speedlights...

A bit background info:

Previously I had Nikon Df with SB800 speedflash I could use HSS function with a cheap Yongnuo wireless trigger ( NIkon version ). It was working just fine.

When I bought SL I soon learned it was not that easy. There is a whole topic here about that and pretty much everybody said - no, it's not possible to have HSS off-camera with

Leica SL...only using a specific Nikon cord with Leica SF 40 or 64 ( maybe also 58 )

And now you are telling me - it is possible after all? I just need to use PW III? Not even need to buy insanely expensive Leica ( Nissin ) speedlights?

You saying I would be able to use my Nikon SB800 with SL in HSS mode?

Do I get it right?

And this PW III - does it come in different versions - to different camera models or...?

Yes, I am a bit confused... :o

Pls. enlight me. Thank  you!

Ok I do my very best :-)

A Pocketwizard is not more or less than just a simple wireless trigger. It has just the center pin and the only task is to transmit the trigger signal - nothing more.The Pocketwizard Plus III is special in some ways. Please don't ask me why  but when you use two of these triggers (one as a receiver, connected with the flash  (sync cable)) and you use it in Channel 17 (This is very important!!), you can use flash in HSS mode.

I wanted to buy the SL a year earlier than I did. At that time I was in contact with Leica because of the flash Issue. Nobody there knew about the possibilities to use a wireless trigger in a proper way. At the end I bought a Sony A7 R II. It is due to a series of coincidences that I got to know this possibility!! 

That was the time I bought my SL and I couldn't be happier.

But you have to accept that everything only works in manual mode. There is also no possibility to change the power at the Pocketwizard. But it works :-)

Test it. The mocked testpicture shows that it works - that was all I wanted to know at that time :-)

In my opinion the Pocketwizard should work with your SB 800. But it hast to be the Pocketwizard Plus III - no other variation!

Enjoy :-)

• Like 1

• For Leica M and Leica R lenses the real-time display of the established aperture is hidden [/size]

•  

?? Does that mean that from now on I cannot see what my F stop is when using M or R lenses?? Or am I not understanding?

Being able to see what my aperture was through the viewfinder (even if it was an educated guess by the camera) was useful to me.

This is something I would like to get back.

I don't see much need. You still need to set the aperture manually so you should know what it is when setting it on the barrel. The evaluated / guessed aperture displayed was never right anyway. So I couldn't care less to be honest.