New Firmware 3.0

Fang

May be you both haven't understood what in my poor and simple English have said. Can you speake Spanish?

Sorry its my best.

I want that my expensive  and sophisticated camera numbered my images well; not Adobe.

Thank you for your already known advises and other...

Francisco

• 5 months later...

Have a bug report to describe for the new firmware.  

Overall love the new update.  Shot my first big event yesteday with the new firmware installed.  I use M-lenses (& 1, R lens) on the SL.  Two of my lenses are Zeiss, a 50mm F2 Planar and a 21mm 2.8 Biogon. For past iterations of the firmware, I could pick a similar Leica-branded lens profile for my Zeiss lenses.  When I mounted either Zeiss, the lens profile I wanted showed up on my options list immediately.  I'd have to go thru the trouble of manually going to the menu, but the lens selection was there and "it would stick" as long as the lens was mounted.  Even if I  removed a Zeiss lens and would eventually go back to it later in a shoot, the lens selection would usually hold.  

NOW, I'm given 3 options when a  non-Leica lens is mounted,  OFF, Auto, and Leica-lens which brings me to a list.  I go to the list and select my close lens-profile approximation.  Then when I shoot, I get a quick warning screen telling me I've mounted an unrecognized lens.  To remove the screen, I need to half-press the shutter button, or if I'm continuously shooting, the warning screen goes away without interrupting my shooting sequence.  The images ARE captured but I don't even know if the camera is applying the leica-branded lens profile.  Somewhat irritating and must be a bug.  

Still am greatly enjoying the new firmware.  Camera seems snappier for all capture related functions.

never found an answer to this bug report, as I am experiencing the same issue ( Voigtlander Heliar 15 mm M-mount) where the camera is always showing "unknown lens dialogue", even when assigning the Heliar as an M-lens, even when putting auto lens detection to off... Quite annoying when taking pictures with the Heliar. Anyone knows a solution ?

thx

thua

do not find "edit post", therefore another one:

this frequent "unknown lens dialogue" does not appear with coded Leica M-lenses and does not appear with uncoded Leica M-lenses assigned in the dialogue. Only with non Leica lenses. Seems that the software is checking more then the 6 bit code as it proposes several Leica lenses when the 15mm Heliar is mounted. Is the software/ sensor able to check the focal length?

I wonder if this is a mechanical issue as I noticed a Zeiss doing this frequently during focusing ( Torqueing the mount?).  Is there a mechanical "lens present" sensor present that can become fooled by a mount with slightly different tolerances?  Or perhaps a reflective or bright/dark object (screw, etc.) with some 3rd party lenses that can shift slightly in the mount and trigger the coding's optical sensor to re-evaluate?