Is the M-10 becoming more readily available?

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 years ago Jeff was my first camera A Nikon D7 something

Your question was........... do I think I would be a better photographer if I didn't by new cameras, I would say no. And the reason being is that I would have got board with my D7 (whatever it was ) and given up on photography and become a philatelist :)

Neil

Well, at least you didn't become a boat captain.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Asia goes for silver, Europe mostly black. All of my friends got silvers ;)

I had a silver MM and my M240 was black. IMOHO the silver one takes better pictures......theres method in my madness and once I get one I will share the reason why :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Well, at least you didn't become a boat captain.

Jeff

That was a spur of the moment thing Jeff......you know me better than that :) The boat thing was a brain fart, lucky enough I didn't have that kind of cash in Thailand or I might have just started a new thread on "what is the best way of selling a frigging boat"

All joking aside, there was a lot of fantastic feedback, a lot of people took the time out to help me out and explain things in baby steps, but at the end of the day I'm going to be retiring in about 18 months time and need that kind of headache like a whole in the head...........excuse the poon but I guess "I missed the boat"......I had some nice thoughts about it though.

Now an nice shiny silver M-10 with the Art di Mano red half case would be and look the dogs bollocks.........and in the write hands would I am sure produce some amazing pictures of the gothic Barcelona 

Neil

And I was one one of the guys who warned you about the costs and practical issues.... having owned a boat for a few years.

The M10 is the best digital M I've tried or owned.. and I tested most of them to see if they might add to my goals and results.

It's silver, and that alone improves my photos.

I retired at 57 (almost 10 years ago).....and decided at that point to give up film and darkroom and switch to all-digital workflow. I'm finally about to add a system to complement the M10 (since I use it only for 28-90 with RF).... and that might be the SL.

Jeff

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

And I was one one of the guys who warned you about the costs and practical issues.... having owned a boat for a few years.

Jeff

Yes you were along with many others......I love this forum :) :) :) 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm finally about to add a system to complement the M10 (since I use it only for 28-90 with RF).... and that might be the SL.

Jeff

You won't be happy with the IQ of the SL zooms. If you want a zoom look at the Olympus OMG

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Hope your son in law likes the SL.

Its okay he can wait...he's still building brownie points :) :) 

Edited by Neil D

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

The M10 is good with the Noctilux (I tried it in the shop) but the SL is still easier for me with that lens to nail focus.

But the SL isn't sexy.....the Arte Di Mano is :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I have arte di mano (or did I get Luigi's?) case for my SL. Foxy brown. As sexy as hell, but wont get you on a date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefers the original version..........that is one sexy lady right there :) :) 

• Like 1

The two best days owning a boat are the day you bought it and the day you sold it,  so they say.

My only experience was a yellow thing and you put the soap on the back.  Oh yea, RC sail boat.  Great fun.

I did get very nauseous on my wife`s parents boat & thought I was about to puke.   Was on Lake Michigan with storm coming up.

I had a silver MM and my M240 was black. IMOHO the silver one takes better pictures......theres method in my madness and once I get one I will share the reason why :)

I was contemplated to get black chrome, but my dealer told me it wasn't the same as blackpaint in M240, its surface will deteriorate over usage for period of time like one M6 black chrome he showed me.

What madness you talking about? Lol Arte di Mano makes my M10 looks gorgeous