35 mm viewfinder, I didn't think that through too well.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a few VIOOHs but, frankly, I rarely use them. They are just collectors' pieces to me.  They don't sit that well in camera shoes and are often cloudy. The TUVOO 28mm attachment just adds to the woes.  There is a list on page 336 of Laney's book which gives the various settings available in VIOOH finders. The straight sided version with a 8.5cm setting is the last and most common version of the VIOOH. If one were purchasing a Summarex as a user piece rather than as a collector piece (I suspect given the prices that most Summarex lenses are just collectors' items) then a Soviet 85mm or turret with 85mm finder would be best.

William

Now you make me remember... :) in my "Zorky times" I had also a black cheap plastic Soviet 85mm finder (I had a Russian 85 1,5... now no more at home...)  ... I remember distinctly that it had also a black "mask" which fit on front to reduce frame for 135... even don't remember if it went lost or is still somewhere in some drawer (was very "poor" and paid probably the then equiv. of 10 Euros around - the turret revolver is much more fine).

I think if I do decide that the arrows in my IIIg are inadequate for the Summarex or I want to use it on another of my LTM's, a Canon or Nikon 85mm finder is the way to go. I believe   the Nikon one is a little better than the Canon, although I don't know how they compare with the Russian ones. They run out at about 25% of the price of a SGOOD. OTOH to have the complete correct kit for the Summarex, should I bite the bullet and get a SGOOD? The downside of using an accessory VF, is I have to displace the excellent Voitlander VC II lightmeter off the shoe, that I tend to use with my LTM's. I have a very nice and restored to as new Sangamo Weston Master V,  with a new selenium cell in it but it is nothing like as quick and easy to use as the Voigtlander, which I actually have two of, a black and a silver. 

Wilson

The attached photo shows my 'solution' to having both the VCII and a viewfinder on a camera at the same time.  Its done by attaching a 'shoe' salvaged from an old flashbar to a thin strip of nickel-silver about 15mm or so wide with two pack epoxy, this is 'attached' to the base of the VCII by doublesided tape (so that it can be removed to change the battery).  The bottom of this is covered in white self adhesive paper cut from address labels to protect the top of the camera. It normally has the voigtlander 28/35 finder on, but the spacing is ok for a SBLOO or any smaller Leica/Voigtlander finder, or even the 21mm finder.

Meter etc have to be removed for rewinding the film, and its a bit 'clumsy' on the Leica III but does work.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Voigtlander made a dumb (i.e. not hot shoe) bar with two shoes on it but it is out of production. However it was a "high profit" item at around £140. Camera shops used to carry these double adapters for about £3 each. I should have one somewhere, but it appears to have eloped with my FODUA rangefinder case. It is the sort of thing amenable to 3D printing. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw

I  have asked Tim Isaac at Match Technical, if he could supply his double shoe accessory but without the thumb rest, that he supplies for M cameras. 

Wilson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have a Voigtlander double shoe bar, its the medium height version (there were 3 choices). I didn't pay that much for it but its a long time ago. It makes everything sit higher off the camera which looks a bit clumsy so never got used much.

Gerry